Biggest robbery in UFC history? Shogun had 80 str to Machidas 35 yet lost by UD

Uuuuuuh everyone was calling it a robbery.

shogun got his win bonus and an immediate rematch

Its round based.

Machida arguably won 3 rounds.

That's why i wish they judged the fight as a whole like they did in pride

Uuuuuuh everyone was calling it a robbery.

shogun got his win bonus and an immediate rematch

This. And the funny thing is, that decision was uniquely bad for that time period, but nowadays we have very similar or even worse decisions being commonplace. Judging is worse than ever.

1. A ton of people called it a robbery. It was one of the worst, longest protracted fights on this site in my time here.

2. It wasn't corruption, it was shitty judging. Shitty judges were very common back then.

The worst thing about them buggering up the decision was it overshadowed how awesome the fight was.

2. It wasn't corruption, it was shitty judging. Shitty judges were very common back then.

You don't think it was bias towards the champ and a line of thinking that you have to beat the champ to take his titel? We've seen it happen to Jones too, but not to that extent ofc

Certainly up there. At least justice was served in the end.

I think Machida got absolutely robbed against Phil Davis though, so what goes around comes around.

I still think the worst robbery ever is probably Diego Sanchez Vs Ross Pearson though.

This. And the funny thing is, that decision was uniquely bad for that time period, but nowadays we have very similar or even worse decisions being commonplace. Judging is worse than ever.

But Machida landed far more head shots, so shouldn't that be factored in?

I have friends that still dont watch anymore because of that robbery.

You obviously wasnt around back then. Every thread on front page was claiming robbery, corruption, incompetence. Cecil People defended his decision saying leg kicks dont score points and he can see the sweat fly off their heads on a solid punch or some shit like that. This place was pissed.

You don't think it was bias towards the champ and a line of thinking that you have to beat the champ to take his titel? We've seen it happen to Jones too, but not to that extent ofc
That's not corruption. That judging based on a belief. I think it's a shit line of thinking if that's what you're asking but it's not corrupt

Cecil People defended his decision saying leg kicks dont score points and he can see the sweat fly off their heads on a solid punch or some shit like that. This place was pissed.

Doesn't he have a point? Why should someone be awarded a win for spamming low kicks for 5 rounds? Machida landed more shots the head

Condit landed more strikes than Lawler attempted and hurt Lawler several times.

Just a heads up, there are these things called rounds.

You never saw Condit vs Lawler
Theres a huge difference in those fights. Robbie was destroying condit when that fight ended.

Rua was picking Lyoto apart at the end. Everyone knows who won

Rua Machida was the worst robbery in mma. It made me sick that he got his hand raised. Shogun got his title in the end, but he also tore his acl in the rematch and was never the same. A rematch that shouldn't have even happened

Back