• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Biggest event of the year has arrived: Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul - Cowboys Stadium and live on Netflix

Jake Paul is typically smart at picking his fights. But this was a stupid decision. Hes fucked regardless of the outcome.

If he wins easily he beat up Americas loveable grandpa
If he wins but struggles he struggled against a 60 year old man.
If he loses he lost to a 60 year old man.

Theres really no scenario where he comes out of this looking good.
Considering his entire thing is this facade of making money despite selling like 5 digit PPVs, could be a desperation move to actually make some cash instead of having it tied up in his tech stock of a sports drink or crypto scams or whatever.

Paul should win by Tyson is still an animal. RJJ is old too but Mike totally overwhelmed him and basically carried him, he stopped headhunting once he realized he'd KO RJJ if he did.

50 and 60 is a massive difference in combat sports. And AS was not 50 he was 47. AS was also coming off a win over a 35 year old actual boxee in Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Anderson threw the Jake fight imo

What is the purpose of athletic commissions if they’ll sanction this?

Their job is literally to stop promotions from just doing anything they want in the name of money
Because on paper it isn't a crazy mismatch. Odds right now have Paul about -500 which sounds about right

Their job is literally to stop promotions from just doing anything they want in the name of money

If they stonewall it they can just run to "your excellency" and Texas doesn't get the event. Even in the US if 49 SACs tell you no all you need is 1 SAC to tell you yes.

Man this sucks. I REALLY wanted to see 56 year old Mike Tyson beat the absolute dogshit out of Fedor. I have zero interest in watching an old man Tyson get knocked out by a juiced up Snake Paul though zzzz

Main thing I'm surprised with is that it's not in Saudi Arabia

Why do we need some faceless men to stick their nose in if two men are sound of mind and want to engage in hand to hand combat? Tyson still looks ridiculously fit, like more fit than a bunch of UFC fighters in their 30s.

Since Tyson got destroyed by Danny Williams and Kevin McBride 20 years ago I think the young and strong Jake Paul will have an easy night.

Jake will probably win but at least on paper it isn't the mismatch it's being made out to be. Jake is -500. Tons of boxing and MMA fights get sanctioned with way worse odds than that.

It isn't about the odds. Mike is 57. I know this would have ended up in Riyadh and a local commission wanted the money, but it's sad they're letting guys this age take punches to the head after long careers.

Aren't him and Jake buddy buddy with eachother?

I would've been more hyped if Tyson continued fighting after the Jones fight. He was old then but still looked good. I wanted these kind of fights.

But now just seems like a cash grab. He might not care to take the L but my God seeing the most feared man on the planet during the 90s get ko'ed by social media dude would make me sick. That said I'll be watching. Although I would've rather watched him vs mark hunt.

Jake Paul is typically smart at picking his fights. But this was a stupid decision. Hes fucked regardless of the outcome.

If he wins easily he beat up Americas loveable grandpa
If he wins but struggles he struggled against a 60 year old man.
If he loses he lost to a 60 year old man.

Theres really no scenario where he comes out of this looking good.
Most people already hates this guy and it only helps him. KO'ing Tyson and getting more haters would be great for him because nowadays haters are as much important as the fans. Conor is always relevant in Sherdog because of his haters.

Back