Biggest BJJ book?

I got the 1001 Submissions book. Can't beat that for pure volume.

Saulo Ribeiro's Jiu Jitsu university.

That is all.

Really.

It's the only book you will need for a long long time.

Came here to say this.

It covers pretty much all positions both defensively and offensively

Hey guys, thanks for recommending ANY of the books I co-wrote (Jiu-Jitsu University, Drill to Win, and Submit Everyone). For me, my favorite books, not including my own are:
1. Mastering Jujitsu with Renzo Gracie (really written in its entirety by John Danaher) - This has a great historical section (though I disagree slightly with some small areas when it comes to BJJ from jujitsu ryus vs BJJ from judo), and is incredibly written. Not a lot of pics and I think it works perfectly.

2. Any of the Japanese BJJ Spirits book/magazines. They have TONS of techniques in them and usually a pretty cool accompanying DVD with more technical highlights and comp footage. I think its more for advanced practitioners.

3. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu by Renzo Gracie/Royler Gracie/Kid Peligro. This book started it all for me and I still find it to be a valuable reference.

4. Advanced Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu by Marcelo Garcia. I think this is more a game book of Marcelo's and I think there is a ton of stuff to be pulled from here for everyone.

5. Path to Black Belt with Rodrigo Gracie/Shawn Williams/Kid Peligro. This book has IT ALL. Great concepts, great discussion of the basics and what-if's of grappling. Its a great read and very well done IMO. I have a feeling Shawn had a heavy hand in this one.

Other great non BJJ books that are great for BJJers: The Canon of Judo, Best Judo, Winning Wrestling Moves, Judo Master Class Series, Gable's Coaching Wrestling Successfully, The Fighter's Heart, The Wrestling Drill Book 2nd Edition, Fighting Judo, Wrestling Tough, and Karate-Do My Way of Life.

Hope this helps you all and I hope you all keep reading/buying BJJ books!!!

Kevin Howell
www.TheJiuJitsuLeague.com

Back