Biggest big game playoff choking QB: Peyton Manning or Drew Brees?

?

• Total voters
Well between Brees and Manning this is easily Bress as bigger chocker in the playoffs. Manning got to 4 SB and won 2 and is only QB in NFL history to win with (2) different franchises. Manning is on much higher tier in terms of greatness over Drew Brees.

Will this series end debate that Brady is the best quarterback in history or goat. He's taking another team potentially to a championship in first year a team was all but out of it 2 years ago.

I am a Patriots fan an I supported the move as a reset for the team. They lost two good young quarterbacks because of Tom's hanging on. It could take 2-3 years for Patriots to return but with younger players. But Tom is moving on an potentially secure his place in history.
He went to a team with two top talent WRs on it and had a 1-1 TD/INT ratio yesterday that should have been closer to 1-2.

Re: People saying Rivers and Ryan, yes they are bigger chokers but I'm just choosing the 2 biggest chokers among the top tier alltime QBs which Rivers/Ryan arent close to that level

It’s got to be Rodgers

I hate Rodgers and the Packers but.. he’s got an SB win, while other highly touted guys like Rivers, Dan Marino and Warren Moon don’t.

If you’re doing like a top-25 list or something maybe you can start adding guys that only did it once.. but if we’re taking this seriously as an ‘all time who’s the very worst’.. you can’t have guys that have SB victories (and SB MVP’s) up that high.

Re: People saying Rivers and Ryan, yes they are bigger chokers but I'm just choosing the 2 biggest chokers among the top tier alltime QBs which Rivers/Ryan arent close to that level

Then Marino should be #1, imo

He had one of the NFL’s best receiver duos (Clayton and Duper), one of the NFL’s greatest coaches (Shula), and occasionally good defenses..

And for what it’s worth, I’m a Dan Marino fan

Jim Kelly and Fran Tarkenton should be right up their too.. 1a, 1b..or maybe above Marino

I hate Rodgers and the Packers but.. he’s got an SB win, while other highly touted guys like Rivers, Dan Marino and Warren Moon don’t.

If you’re doing like a top-25 list or something maybe you can start adding guys that only did it once.. but if we’re taking this seriously as an ‘all time who’s the very worst’.. you can’t have guys that have SB victories (and SB MVP’s) up that high.
Rodgers never had a true MELTDOWN either in a playoff game. Yes, he should have fought to stay on the field in the NFC title game. But the team's he's been on never really have lost cause of his mistakes.

He I don't think has ever had a defense outside of the SB winning one that held a team to less than 30 fucking points in the playoff games he's played in.

Voted for Peyton because Brees's big "what if" losses to the Vikings and Rams had nothing to do with him not being clutch. Refs and Minnesota miracle. Peyton just wasn't as good in the playoffs Brees was at least solid he just didn't win.

Peyton got to the Super Bowl more but we got to remember that 09 Colts bunch woulda been the second 18-1 team if the coaching staff didn't choose to rest for the playoffs(how'd that work out, disrespect the game to win a ring, game disrespects you back). Brees beat that team though his team was very good as well having started 13-0 but having legit lost the last 3 games of the regular season not on purpose.

He also never lost to Brady in the playoffs after spygate

Do you even know what Spygate was? The Pats intern recorded coaches signals in one of the places that the NFL had just banned teams from filming in. They broke that rule. The Pats never saw the film and thus were never able to use it. So there was no material advantage gained by breaking the rule.

So saying Peyton never lost to Brady in the playoffs after Spygate is pure nonsense.

Peyton as much as any player or coach in the league, became familiar with Belichik's scheme. That is why Peyton belongs on a Mt Rushmore of NFL QBs.

Brees?

I don't remember Brees ever playing bad in the playoffs until the last couple of years when his arm was shot and he couldn't throw more than 15 yards.

He did well in the playoffs despite having an average record. I don't consider him a choker at all.

Rodgers never had a true MELTDOWN either in a playoff game. Yes, he should have fought to stay on the field in the NFC title game. But the team's he's been on never really have lost cause of his mistakes.

He I don't think has ever had a defense outside of the SB winning one that held a team to less than 30 fucking points in the playoff games he's played in.

Yeah, he’s played well pretty consistently. He wasn’t straight fire against the Bucs but he did play well, and this Bucs defense is very underrated and really really well coached.

Bowles is the perfect defensive coordinator to go against guys like Rodgers and Mahomes because he’s a master of disguise -he forces QB’s to figure out what his defense is doing after the snap. And he preaches discipline. So his defenses are also really patient.

But yeah, as a Bears fan with nothing but disdain for the Packers.. Rodgers isn’t a choker on the level this thread is talking about, if he even is one at all.

He went to a team with two top talent WRs on it and had a 1-1 TD/INT ratio yesterday that should have been closer to 1-2.

First year QBs in Arian's systems average 40 turnover worthy plays in Arian's system. Brady had 17.
He did that without a preseason.

He went to a team that was 7-9 in the previous year. They are now in the Superbowl. They did that by beating two teams with HOF QB (Green Bay/ New Orleans) and the team that many rated as the best defense in the NFL (Washington Team) with the D line and similar makeup of the team that beat him famously 2x (2007, 2011 Giants).

If they just made it to the playoffs, you might have a case. You don't.

That’s not the thread start. It included SuperBowl winners. Brees or Manning. I figured Marino was a gimme

Need to put together their stats in playoff games to really get this cooking. Losing isnt necessarily the QB choking. But if they totally shit the bed its another story.

That’s not the thread start. It included SuperBowl winners. Brees or Manning. I figured Marino was a gimme

So, the SB isn’t considered a big game..? OP doesn’t get very specific, seems to elude to post season success.. and I’d say having completed an entire playoff run capped off with an SB win should knock any player quite far down on this list when guys like Moon and Marino never capped off a playoff run with an SB trophy.

Need to put together their stats in playoff games to really get this cooking. Losing isnt necessarily the QB choking. But if they totally shit the bed its another story.
Brees: 481/721 66.71 5366 37 15 97.1 298.1 YPG
Peyton: 649/1027 63.19 7339 40 25 87.4 271.8 YPG

Back