Big weekend coming up

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
1st we'll get to see Byrd fighting at Lightheavy.
Then on Saturday HBO has a great card lined up:
James Kirkland, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Alfredo Angulo, and Odlanier Solis.
Aside from the Solis fight, all of these other young prospects are fighting legit opponents - opposed to some of the lopsided matches that ESPN has been giving with that set of prospects.

Does anyone know if Solis's fight is going to be aired? 4 fights aired on one card seems like alot - since the other three are all 10 rounders.

Also, undefeated heavy Bowie Tupou (14-0 11KOs - 25years old) is fighting on this card.
Anyone have info on him? Legit threat?

1st we'll get to see Byrd fighting at Lightheavy.
Then on Saturday HBO has a great card lined up:
James Kirkland, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Alfredo Angulo, and Odlanier Solis.
Aside from the Solis fight, all of these other young prospects are fighting legit opponents - opposed to some of the lopsided matches that ESPN has been giving with that set of prospects.

Does anyone know if Solis's fight is going to be aired? 4 fights aired on one card seems like alot - since the other three are all 10 rounders.

Also, undefeated heavy Bowie Tupou (14-0 11KOs - 25years old) is fighting on this card.
Anyone have info on him? Legit threat?

Solis fight isnt being aired, but they may show highlights if it is good.

Bowie picked the right guy to fight this weekend. Demetrius King is a prospect killer, just ask Bermane Stiverne, that will be a very tough fight and if Bowie wins, we can call him legit.

Solis is a very active heavyweight, i'm sure we'll see him soon on US tv, just not on Saturday.

Strangely this fight is at Thomas and Mack. It's going to be really empty, I might go and check it out.

No Solis?
Oh well. The other prospects will make up for it.

Just getting tired of only being able to see Solis on youtube.
He's got a few fights already lined up.

Also Cristian Mijares is fighting this weekend, one of the slickest boxers at the moment

It's a bad arse card. Glad HBO is now more willing to show some more prospects. Woot!

I might go to this card, not sure yet. Pretty cool they are having it at state line, I never been there for a fight.

I'm looking forward to this weekend as well. I'm anxious to see what Byrd looks like at 175.

Bowie is 6'2 and 260 lbs?!
The guy is like a tall David Tua.

Anyone have a picture of Bowie?

Gamboa is facing a tough challenge for somebody who hasn't even had 10 pro fights yet.

Back