** Big Nog would rather not train with a homosexual MMA fighter **

I'm sure he has no problem rolling with women.

I am sure you have no problem doing a lot of things with women that you wouldn't do with a man.

If I tell you that you have to kiss a gay man and you say you rather not does that make you homophobic? Of course not.

If you try to go into the ladies locker room and take a shower with some women and they rather not shower with you does it make them sexist? Of course not.

If he isn't comfortable with rolling with a gay guy he isn't comfortable with it. No one has the right to say that he should be.

He stated that gay people are welcome to train at his gym....he just rather not roll with them (because it could make him uncomfortable)

Different things make people uncomfortable and people on here (that actually think they are open minded) are being close minded by thinking that everyone should be comfortable with the same things that they are comfortable with.

Why do you morons want Big Nog to roll with a gay guy so bad? If he doesn't want to then he doesn't want to. I would prefer not to also and i'm sure most of you keyboard activists would prefer not to either. I dont get it...the guy said he has no problem training alongside them but just prefers not to grapple with them. Don't see the big deal.

In Uganda, people are getting life in prison for being gay. I'm sure there are more pressing issues you keyboard activists could address since you are so passionate.

People need to get over it. Even if there was "sexual malice" as he so clumsily puts it, who cares? Do you refuse to train with ladies that you think are ugly but might be attracted to you? Do you think gays should have separate bathrooms and locker rooms? Hopefully in a few years most people will be past the whole "gays make me feel icky" thing. It's childish.

It's no coincidence that the people expressing their repulsion or disagreement for gay people tend formulate their arguments with the level of reasoning and prose of an eight year old. There's genuinely no point in arguing them. I'm just thankful I'll never be as pigshit thick as they are. Bottom line: if you're actually educated on the subject you wouldn't express these opinions. Most of you embrace your ignorance. It's laughable.

Poor glennrod. Irredeemably dense. Anyone with half a brain would read this thread and laugh at his argumentation and personal 'victories'. Everything you say can be shot down. You really shouldn't be talking about this at all if you haven't stepped outside your little tunnel vision town or had a decent education.

The thing is nobody has to unconditionally accept and support homosexuality

I'm not homophobic, have no problem with gays. But when you try to force your views on other people, claiming those that disagree as less intelligent, you're just pushing your agenda at that point.

No one should ever have to put themselves in an uncomfortable situation because people like you think they can dictate the moral compass. If he doesn't feel comfortable, he shouldn't have to do it. Who are we to judge?

Last edited:
People need to get over it. Even if there was "sexual malice" as he so clumsily puts it, who cares? Do you refuse to train with ladies that you think are ugly but might be attracted to you? Do you think gays should have separate bathrooms and locker rooms? Hopefully in a few years most people will be past the whole "gays make me feel icky" thing. It's childish.

People throw fits if their order's wrong at Micky D's, I highly doubt people will get over this in a few years...if ever.

Oh, and children have the purest hearts and minds, so when an adult acts "childish", maybe they're simply reverting back to what's naturally engrained in them.

Just like all the girls that don't want to roll with the guys? Are they bigots too for thinking that some of the guys might get turned on by it?

According to him they would be. But women aren't part of his agenda so he will only attack post that discuss homosexuality

I agree with you. I have nothing against gays. And homosexuality does occur in nature, but form an evolutionary standpoint it's counter productive. A huge part of our animal instincts is to procreate and produce offsprings. It's why we try to look good, make lots of money, find attractive mates and so on. And yet gay guys have these huge libidos (natural instinct to reproduce) that they share with other guys not making babies.
What about people who are sterile or decide to have vasectomies? Would you say one was born abnormal and the other chose to engage in unnatural behavior? Regardless of how someone feels about the issue, I don't think procreation is a factor. I think there might be some argument as far as a natural instinct to mate but even that some people choose for different reasons to remain celibate and I don't see that as unnatural.

I support Nog here as I think bigotry and demanding someone feel comfortable in very close physical interaction is not close to the same thing. I also am a Christian and I believe with some people anyway part of this is a misunderstanding of the Bible where it says "go forth and multiply". While I personally feel Genesis is metaphorical, in any case the only 2 times it says that was after Adam and Eve and the flood; times when re-populating was needed.

I have no idea if that is part of it with you or its just a personal belief but I don't feel procreation or the inability to or desire not to has anything to do with proving 'natural'.

While I personally do not have an issue with it and could care less and believe in equality and not attaching secular rights to a religiously defined sacrament when we are not a theocracy, your first sentence is troubling.

It may simply have been the choice of words and was not intended to infer what it does but if not this is getting into some dangerous ground. Who is anyone to determine what anyone else must think? That right, along with freedom of speech (obviously not unprotected speech like hate speech) must remain sacred. Our duty as citizens and quite frankly just as human beings is to treat each other civilly. But we can't start dictating what others must think, less that comes back on us one day.

"I'm sorry, this has too many posts... We have to wasteland it. You should instead debate whether or not Jones is a dirty fighter or whether or not Fight Pass is a good deal!" - Sherdog Moderator

Honestly who gives a fuck? So he's uncomfortable with a gay dude being in his guard or vice versa. He has the right to feel that way and gay people need to appreciate that not everyone is comfortable with them, and that's ok.

As long as Nog isn't beating them or doing hate crimes to em, there is no reason to cry, and this isn't even news worthy.

it is really so hard? :rolleyes:

If you want to create a law, you have to compose the law correctly. It is simply not possible to consider every fucking exception, without losing the logical fundament. This is why you need a base to orientate oneself. It

Kind of a bit of a scatter shot by you here. I don't refuse to train with ugly women. Big Nog has the right to no train with any particular person though. That's his view. As far as gays having separate bathrooms and locker rooms. Do men and women have separate locker rooms? Why do they? Why would women be uncomfy with straight men sharing their lock room? Some of the same reasoning could be applied to gay people in locker rooms.

I personally don't care. Dismissing these opinions outright as "childish" is intellectually lazy and narrow.

I can't believe that this is still a thing in such an advanced nation like the USA. In most civilized [edit: most other first world nations] parts of the world, homosexuality is just normal.

The titles make me laugh... "Is [Insert organization] ready.. for GAYS?!?!?!" DUM DUM DUM.

Get with 2014 people.

You do realize AMERICAN fighters chuck liddell, joe benivedez,phil davis all said they didn't have a problem......and that Nog is brazilian? Right?....say you do

Back