** Big Nog would rather not train with a homosexual MMA fighter **

Fahrenheit1221

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I must admit I am rather shocked by this. Benavidez, Liddell, Davis, etc. were all very complimentary and respectful but I think Nogueira's comments came off the wrong way or something. I get what he's implying but I'm not sure I fully understand what he means when he refers to malice in training.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira said:
I have no prejudice against the gays, but I wouldn't train with someone who's gay." "I have no malice, I don't take our physical contact as (something) sexual. But what if the gay person has that malice of having physical contact with me, of staying there grappling? I would have no problems having a gay student in my academy, but I would not rather train with him."

SOURCE: http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/is-the-ufc-ready-for-an-openly-gay-male-fighter-051414

Last edited:
Welcome to a long time ago

I can't believe that this is still a thing in such an advanced nation like the USA. In most civilized [edit: most other first world nations] parts of the world, homosexuality is just normal.

The titles make me laugh... "Is [Insert organization] ready.. for GAYS?!?!?!" DUM DUM DUM.

Get with 2014 people.

Last edited:
this is old,and really,who cares? he says hed be uncomfortable with it. maybe he's just telling the truth rather than what you want to hear.

I can't believe that this is still a thing in such an advanced nation like the USA. In most civilized parts of the world, homosexuality is just normal.

The titles make me laugh... "Is [Insert organization] ready.. for GAYS?!?!?!" DUM DUM DUM.

Get with 2014 people.

I completely agree and understand but I was more surprised that it was Nogueira that said this as opposed to Liddell or Davis who were also giving their thoughts.

His opinion is different than mine, so therefore he is clearly an idiot and wrong

Wow, really old and meaningless stuff.

Typical from such a backward country.

And to be honest looking at Big Nog he isn't giving anyone a boner.

I must admit I am rather shocked by this. Benavidez, Liddell, Davis, etc. were all very complimentary and respectful but I think Nogueira's comments came off the wrong way or something. I get what he's implying but I'm not sure I fully understand what he means when he refers to malice in training.

SOURCE: http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/is-the-ufc-ready-for-an-openly-gay-male-fighter-051414

Very old but who cares?

Attitudes have changed since then but if someone doesn't want to wrestle with a gay guy.....why does this matter? If he isn't comfortable with it then he isn't comfortable with it. He said he has no malice towards gays.

Big deal. Go wrestle with gay guys if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Also:
Fix your quote and your thread title. (Get rid of the refuse)

He said I rather not and you changed it to would not

Also mention that it is an old quote. (You are just as bad as American news)

Last edited:
Back