Big Ben and Gonzaga matchup intriguing..

STRONGERTHANALL

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I doubt either fighter will ever be a true contender, but this a battle of the big men and almost all heavyweight fights are intriguing to watch. Who takes it..

I've got rothwell bye sloppy decision or TKO in the 2nd.

If BJJ Gonzaga shows up I think he can win but K1 Gabe loses.

If gonzaga fights smart he should get a sub in either the first or second.

In the Schaub fight Rothwell looked to be in the best shape he's ever been in. I think he's finally refined his training, its a great match up but I got big Ben by KO.

ManBearPig! Also, does anyone remember how before the Mark Hunt fight, Rothwell said that he's wiping the slate clean and should be considered an 0-0 fighter? So he's 1-1 now.

If BJJ Gonzaga shows up I think he can win but K1 Gabe loses.

I agree with this. Rothwell has never fought someone as good as Napao on the mat and I think if Gonzaga fights smart, clinches, and looks for a TD early he will advance position and finish the fight.

But if he brawls or kickboxes it's up in the air.

I expect Gonzaga to finish the fight but if zombie Rothwell shows up you never know what could happen...Napao could get ko'd

ManBearPig! Also, does anyone remember how before the Mark Hunt fight, Rothwell said that he's wiping the slate clean and should be considered an 0-0 fighter? So he's 1-1 now.

1-1 eh?

I say put him up against Heath Herring and give him a title shot if he wins!

BJJ Gonzag should be able to handle this. i doubt he will show up tho..

In the Schaub fight Rothwell looked to be in the best shape he's ever been in. I think he's finally refined his training, its a great match up but I got big Ben by KO.

Yeah, but Rothwell got hurt yet again after the Schaub fight. I think if Rothwell is in shape, relatively injury free, he can win if he keeps it standing. But he has had like 4 fights in the past 4 years.

Gonzaga should be trying to work his way in and get the fight down to the ground.

I see what you did there, very clever. Also, since I brought up that slightly relevant factoid about Rothwell in my previous post, here's an interesting factoid on Gonzaga - check out on Wikipedia what his full last name is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Gonzaga

I knew that, actually!

gonzaga-flop-o.gif

4.gif

I know Rothwell was legally dead when this happened but man, if ADCC Hunt can get this position on him a world class black belt should be able to finish the fight pretty quickly. PLEASE GRAPPLE NAPAO!

schaub is getting knocked out left and right. Gonzaga wins standing or grappling

Back