Elections biden day one executive orders!!!

<Huh2>

its about personal responsibility. you get healthcare so we dont have to pay your medical bills when you cant. obamacare pre gutting by the republicans was a pretty good system.

why did health care premiums go up?

Why should people pay more for the same coverage so other people can “afford” health care?

why did health care premiums go up?

Why should people pay more for the same coverage so other people can “afford” health care?

way more people got coverage and most people payed less so it was a net positive. still i much prefer a single payer system.

hard one to wrap my head around. i live by a massive mine to the west of me and a silica mine to the south. these are massively profitable companies that pollute our environment and out air. it just makes no sense to me at all.

i think i would support the full public ownership of all of these types of industries and make them as close to 100% pollution free as possible with a no profit mandate unless that goal is fulfilled profits shared among the public after that.

hello spacegnome,

hmmf. that might work. it might not.

i think people are kinda greedy...or at least, one can't count on folks doing the "right thing". that's why we have law enforcement.

i'd prefer regulatory oversight. public ownership can still be greedy and shortsighted.

- IGIT

hello spacegnome,

hmmf. that might work. it might not.

i think people are kinda greedy...or at least, one can't count on folks doing the "right thing". that's why we have law enforcement.

i'd prefer regulatory oversight. public ownership can still be greedy and shortsighted.

- IGIT

fair enough but its gotta be very tough regulation.

hello BassAckwards,

assuming this is a good faith question, Mr. Biden is going to try and improve access to healthcare.

if Mr. Trump and his friends in congress had any idea what they were doing, it wouldn't be necessary since we'd have Mr. Trump's fantastic, better than ever healthcare reform! you know the one, right? he promised it would offer better coverage, including pre-existing conditions, and cost less!!!!

alas...

- IGIT
Obama:
If you like the plan you have, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too. The only change you’ll see are falling costs as our reforms take hold.

brb-premiums went up
brb-people couldn’t keep their insurance
brb-people couldn’t keep their doctor

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapo...ms-to-increase-substantially/?sh=6cb8733815be

hi Cubo,

my point is that your assumption that it will probably hurt industry is like a half finished sentence. it will help various industries also. its not just one or the other.

- IGIT

Hurting American industry while helping Chinese industry is what I said. Are you saying that's impossible in aggregate?

answer me first. why would you support massive deregulation of profitable industries like mining that are known to pollute and harm the health of citizens? or are you going to do what these industries do and argue that there is no direct proof that dumping these chemicals into the water and ground harms people.

Well first off, you’re skipping over a very important aspect of this argument. There were massive regulations enforced under the Obama administration, that were a death sentence to certain industries, and therefore entire towns built around industries. I am all for responsibly regulating companies, but as someone who’s had the EPA threaten to kick the door in because the city government called them in to strong-arm our landlord, I can tell you the shit is not all on the up and up. The Gibson guitar raid is a good example.

A combination of the above, while letting Industries such as coal follow a natural decline, rather than an artificial one, would be a much more realistic approach.

Now, you were going to explain how absolutely pathetic that day one list of executive orders is. Student loan relief? Medicaid for all?

Nope, he’ll repeal the make-believe Muslim ban

<{Heymansnicker}>

Well first off, you’re skipping over a very important aspect of this argument. There were massive regulations enforced under the Obama administration, that were a death sentence to certain industries, and therefore entire towns built around industries. I am all for responsibly regulating companies, but as someone who’s had the EPA threaten to kick the door in because the city government called them in to strong-arm our landlord, I can tell you the shit is not all on the up and up. The Gibson guitar raid is a good example.

A combination of the above, while letting Industries such as coal follow a natural decline, rather than an artificial one, would be a much more realistic approach.

Now, you were going to explain how absolutely pathetic that day one list of executive orders is. Student loan relief? Medicaid for all?

<{Heymansnicker}>

so you are going to write lots of words, sort of pretend it doesn't happen, and then say let it happen until those industries naturally fade out.

yeah. that's bullshit.

<{Heymansnicker}>

What environmental policies do you specifically disagree with? Is it your preference to deregulate all of them?

Obama:
If you like the plan you have, you can keep it. If you like the doctor you have, you can keep your doctor, too. The only change you’ll see are falling costs as our reforms take hold.

brb-premiums went up
brb-people couldn’t keep their insurance
brb-people couldn’t keep their doctor

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapo...ms-to-increase-substantially/?sh=6cb8733815be

hello again BassAckwards,

the Affordable Care Act given the US a half trillion dollars in health care savings.
since i'm fiscally conservative, i like that.

20 million Americans now have health insurance, who otherwise would be SOL.
since i'm pro-life, i like that.

i'm conservative, what can i say?

its impossible to make you libs happy.

- IGIT

Hurting American industry while helping Chinese industry is what I said.

heya Cubo,

yeah, i know what you said, and i'm helping you by completing your thought.

it should be "Hurting some American industries while helping some American industries - while also helping China's clean tech industries (since that's where we'll have to buy it from)."

if you want to ignore the reality that Mr. Biden's changes to environmental regulation will help some american industries because you feel like it, its ok with me.

*high fives*

- IGIT

PS - if you have the numbers on the total cost/benefit (lost jobs from coal mining vs jobs gained in clean energy, relocating Miami, etc), i'd be curious to see them. particularly when you add healthcare costs related to spewing toxic elements into the air and water.

Last edited:
i cant see anything wrong with any of these in fact they all sound really good. i am especially in favor of reinstated the regulations that keep large scale corporations like coal mining from poisoning human beings. glad biden beat trump and is looking out for the health and well-being of american citizens.

1- rejoin paris climate accord!! and allocate 2 trillion dollars for infrastructure and clean energy and 0 emissions by 2050

2- rejoin WHO health org. make corona virus a top priority

3- repeal the travel ban on Muslims

4- reinstate DREAMers act and allow children of undocumented workers to remain in the united states

5- reverse trump rollback of 100 obama health/environmental rules.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfr...ans-these-5-executive-orders/?sh=50bd3d50346b

Legalize crack cocaine and prostitution?

Legalize crack cocaine and prostitution?

hi irish_thug,

i think that crack will be a heavy lift; its too associated with the inner cities (which is code for...well you know).

but cocaine? sure, why not?

- IGIT

hi irish_thug,

i think that crack will be a heavy lift; its too associated with the inner cities (which is code for...well you know).

but cocaine? sure, why not?

- IGIT
True. And we know how Joe feels about them.

90vs8471cfy51.jpg

1. Make tickling children that aren't yours legal.

2. Open up the borders.

3. Allow felons to vote, even twice for time served.

4. Abolish ice, and create a new platform to streamline illegals into California and Texas especially.
Let's not get too greedy here. The man can only do so much on day 1.

True. And we know how Joe feels about them.

hiya there irish,

Joe?

at any rate, sure, legalize cocaine.

i like the idea of going into something resembling an ABC store and buying a commercially produced eight ball or whatever.

i think it would be nice to buy a gram and not have to debate whether i should snort it or sprinkle it on my cereal - a bit of regulation would be great, too.

- IGIT

Back