Bicep Slicer Issue

My mouth opened in horror when I heard the snap.

Sorry but are you talking about a slicer where you use your shin inside his arm? or are u just using one of your forearms inside his arm

Lacing my leg through his arm and using my shin, after I figure four my legs once he passes to the side, and then using both of my hands to pull his arm into me as I push forward with my shin.

Bottom line: Tap when you know someone has a bicep slicer on you. JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER SUBMISSION THATS SUNK IN.

It wasn't hurting enough.

If a bicep slicer is done just right, it's almost impossible to NOT tap. I've tried to suffer through them. I've been through a lot of very painful experiences in my life and think I have a high tolerance for pain. I had to tap.

Well, thanks for that. As a white belt I just decided my pride is getting thrown out the window and I'm tapping when someone has something "sunken in".

I didn't tap to a kimura the other day and in hindsight the guy was generous in not breaking my arm. Thank the good Lord he was a senior belt and this knowledge was greater then my pride.

From now on, when they got me....they got me. no shame in tapping.

It wasn't hurting enough.

If a bicep slicer is done just right, it's almost impossible to NOT tap. I've tried to suffer through them. I've been through a lot of very painful experiences in my life and think I have a high tolerance for pain. I had to tap.

You're probably right, with that being the difference between a perfect slicer and a "good enough" slicer. The perfect slicers I land are the ones where the person screams 'tap' in about 1-2 seconds, with the "good enough" ones being where they tap in 3-6 seconds after some effort. I suppose some folks can tough out the "good enough" ones meaning they're not good enough since they're not getting the job done.

A common misconception is that bicep slicers don't do damage and are purely pain moves. This is somewhat true as you are not applying pressure to a joint but rather pressing a ligament against a bone to create the painful sensation. However it is very possible to get enough leverage to snap the forearm in half, although pretty unlikely. The effort required to do so is much harder than any joint lock and even if you're applying it firmly there isn't much chance of an injury. You pretty much have to be cranking it like a mad man to get the bone to break.

The break also might not happen instantly. Mikey has told a story here about how he didn't tap to a slicer in competition, and then the next day back in the gym he went to post on that same arm and it snapped, because the slicer had made a hairline fracture.

The break also might not happen instantly. Mikey has told a story here about how he didn't tap to a slicer in competition, and then the next day back in the gym he went to post on that same arm and it snapped, because the slicer had made a hairline fracture.

holy shit thats fucked up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back