"Between the Rock and a hard place"

Mr Dilkington

Valued Customer
Platinum Member
Reaction score
“The men and women warriors of UFC compete in their iconic Octagon with pride, purpose, passion, intensity and MANA,” Johnson said in the UFC press release. “Legacy is a very important word to me and our Project Rock is proud to deliver training gear to help support and fuel all UFC athletes who seek to establish their own impactful legacy in UFC and beyond.”

WTF is MANA? The Rock is the opposite of "The Rock" persona, someone who was real and didn't give a fuck. This Rock makes sure every i is dotted and every t crossed before he says a single word. Everything about him is politically correct, super sweet and phony

I think the interesting bit: "The Guardian was unable to reach Johnson’s management for comment. However, it is worth noting that Johnson is represented by Endeavor, which also happens to own the UFC."
So it's not something natural as the Rock would try to make out, through respect. It's just that they share a management company.

WTF is MANA?

Mana means "warrior spirit", roughly, in Hawaiian.

I think the interesting bit: "The Guardian was unable to reach Johnson’s management for comment. However, it is worth noting that Johnson is represented by Endeavor, which also happens to own the UFC."
So it's not something natural as the Rock would try to make out, through respect. It's just that they share a management company.

"Businessman does business". I don't think it was an automatic thing simply because of the shared management, and I'm sure a lot of work went into securing the sponsorship. That said, I imagine that he had a leg up on any competition in the matter.

The Rock is a meme at this point. He’s just so “trendy”. He’s crossing into celebrity for being a celebrity territory. But I’m also cynical towards pop culture and the ET type of stuff. I don’t think this is doing anything to benefit the fighters at all. So they have shoes. Big deal. They don’t even wear shoes in their sport so the more you realize that the more of a complete joke it is that this is supposed to be so amazing.

This thread belongs on the corner of Know Your Role blvd and Jabroni drive.

It needs to find the big sign of the Smackdown Hotel, check in with the receptionist, go to it's room on the 14th floor, shine up their laptop, turn it side ways, and shove it up it's candy ass.

Last edited:
I bought two pairs of the rock shoes. I wear one pair on my feet and one pair on my hands and I walk around on all fours like the fucking pig I am then my wife whips me with a car antenna
Pay attention Sherbro’s this is exactly how it’s done!

Mana means "warrior spirit", roughly, in Hawaiian.
See, the Rock has been getting away with this warrior spirit bullshit.

Was he ever a warrior? He wasn't even a make believe warrior, he was a make believe wrestler. A warrior is one who takes enemy lives. If you don't kill, you're not a warrior. The Rock through his professional career had to grind through really tough stretches like the one involving his torn abdominals. But that is pale in comparison to the barbarism real warriors dealt with.

The Rock's known for catchy phrases involving tampons and shoving things up people's anuses. And now he talks about the warrior spirit.

See, the Rock has been getting away with this warrior spirit bullshit.

Was he ever a warrior? He wasn't even a make believe warrior, he was a make believe wrestler. A warrior is one who takes enemy lives. If you don't kill, you're not a warrior. The Rock through his professional career had to grind through really tough stretches like the one involving his torn abdominals. But that is pale in comparison to the barbarism real warriors dealt with.

The Rock's known for catchy phrases involving tampons and shoving things up people's anuses. And now he talks about the warrior spirit.
If you go to war and capture, say, an enemy squad, instead of killing them all, you're not a warrior?

Edit: not that rock is a warrior or fighter of any kind. Still.

WTF is MANA? The Rock is the opposite of "The Rock" persona, someone who was real and didn't give a fuck. This Rock makes sure every i is dotted and every t crossed before he says a single word. Everything about him is politically correct, super sweet and phony

“Legacy is a very important word to me and our Project Rock is proud to deliver training gear to help support and fuel all UFC athletes who seek to establish their own impactful legacy in UFC and beyond.”

How does a UFC athlete establish their own impactful legacy by being forced to wear the symbol of another man?

He's still far cooler than Nate fucking Diaz and a much better person.

Back