Better chance at beating Ronda: Cyborg, Holm or McMann

Like another poster said on here, Holm does have the style to outpoint Ronda and keep distance on the feet; It's just a matter of whether or not Holm is good enough at that style, which is very unlikely. Who knows though—Holm can still improve.

Like another poster said on here, Holm does have the style to outpoint Ronda, and keep distance on the feet. It's just a matter of whether or not Holm is good enough.

I would love to see how Holm would hold up against McMann, a wrestler with punching power. It would be a good comparison to Rousey's current but ever evolving style. If she does well against her I would love to see Holm fight Zingano to see how she fights an elite opponent, Alexis Davis would be a great extra credit fight to see how she handles a bjj fighter.

I would love to see how Holm would hold up against McMann, a wrestler with punching power. It would be a good comparison to Rousey's current but ever evolving style. If she does well against her I would love to see Holm fight Zingano to see how she fights an elite opponent, Alexis Davis would be a great extra credit fight to see how she handles a bjj fighter.

I think Holm might get someone like Davis next, or they might give her someone like Nunes.

McMann.

McMann is the only one I think has the skillset to keep the fight standing. She might not have a bottom game to speak of, but she can reliably use her wrestling to keep it standing, and if it becomes a dirty boxing / stand up fight, she has enough power to seriously threaten Rousey. This is Rousey's most challenging opponent I think and it's unfortunate almost that Rousey connected with that knee so well, because it denied us an opportunity of seeing what I thought could be a much better fight between the two.

McMann also should have wrapped up that Tate fight and made some crucial mistakes in trying to take Tate down, when she should have used her wrestling to keep it on the feet instead. We should be talking about her in a very sellable rematch, but meh.

Holm has the best footwork by far and will be able to avoid thetake down pretty well for a few series just on that, but eventually Ronda is going to clinch her and once she does Holm's game just isn't strong enough to do anything about it. Holm can't expect to avoid Rousey's clinch for five rounds by circling and jabbing. She just doesn't match up well with Rousey in the area that matters the most, which is being able to determine where the fight goes.

As for Cyborg...
zH4EayI.gif

tate has the best chance to finish rousey imo

rousey while dominant is very very hittable her striking defense and head movement leave a lot to be desired and bethe tagged her a couple time

and we saw tate hit rousey plenty when they fought
UFC168-RondaRousey-XMeishaTate-SloMo-Rd1a-400-sg.gif

what happens if ronda eats this
giphy.gif

she also was able to stop some takedowns,actually took ronda down herself not to mention escaped an arm bar

aslong as tate does'nt shoot wreckless like last time she has a decent shot

Last edited:
I think Holm might get someone like Davis next, or they might give her someone like Nunes.

They gave her a #8 ranked woman this time I think, she needs to keep moving up, Davis would be a nice option. UFC really has no one else left to push.

Ronda will toss Holm all over the cage. But honestly, I would rather her fight Zingano again. Outside of Cyborg, she has the best chance IMO.

I agree, however, It was a little troubling that cat said she wouldn't have changed anything about her strategy in the first Ronda fight. Hopefully that was just an off-hand comment and she actually would drastically adjust her strategy in a rematch.

Holm is calculated and I feel she could decision Ronda AND Cyborg.

I still think Ronda would win, but Holly could pull an upset.

Holm follows instructions to a T and has Jackson in her corner, always a possibility of a decision there.

After more thought on this -

McMann
Nunes/Cyborg at 145
NeoTate
Cyborg at 135/Cat
Holm

so in other words ....NONE...NOBODY has a chance of beating Ronda right now

We can just speculate who has the chance if somehow a pill is installed in Rondas food that lowers her capabilities by 50%... then we can put them in order who has a better chance but as of right now the answer is NOBODY

Cyborg has the best chance by far... I'd still lean towards Ronda submitting her. I think Cyborg would be overly aggressive/careless, get tossed on her head, and submitted on the ground. It makes me wonder why it appears (to me) that Ronda is afraid to fight her. I guess because Cyborg has like a 35% chance of beating her, which is 10x better than anybody else at 135 lbs.

McMann - i just dont think she is mentally strong enough... If she could get passed herself, id love to see a second fight.

Holm - at this point in time, shes not ready, she said so herself and i got mad respect for that... I cant wait for the day when she says she IS ready.

Cyborg - is the correct answer.

As of today I don't think any of them have the skill set to beat Rousey.

McMann has the best base with her athleticism and wrestling but lacks striking or submissions to dominate once she is controlling position.

Holm has great striking technique but lacks the striking power or grappling to stop Rousey from taking her to the ground and submitting her.

Cyborg has power but lacks the wrestling/grappling to stop Rousey from taking her to the ground and submitting her.

In the future I think McMann has the best chance to improve enough to beat Rousey if she focuses on becoming a much better striker. It's just going to be WAY harder for Cyborg and Holm to pick up the grappling necessary to stop Rousey's take downs than it will be for McMann to strike well enough to hurt Rousey if she can already hinder Rousey's take downs.

The bar to become a better striker than Rousey is just SO much lower than the bar to become a competitive grappler or submission artist.

Holm because Cyborg is never going to drop to 135. That fight will probably never happen.

Back