Better chance at beating Ronda: Cyborg, Holm or McMann

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ForbiddenSun, Aug 3, 2015.

1. ForbiddenSun

ForbiddenSun The VP Platinum Member

I think Holms style could take Ronda to 3 rounds with her controlling the distance and point fighting. But Holly has no chance to last 5 rounds and take a decision.

I think Ronda subs Cyborg in the first or second round. Cyborgs aggressive charging style plays right into Rondas judo strengths and she'll send her for a ride, just like she did to Cat, Davis and Meisha when they charged in. Carano was able to get mount on Cyborg twice with zero grappling credentials, Ronda destroys her on the ground.

I actually would love to see Sara McMann get another crack at Ronda, Sara has the best hands at 135. Did you see the number she did on Tates face? Their first fight had a weird ending. If Sara can improve her fight IQ and string together a couple wins I think she has the power to get Ronda in trouble if she catches her on the feet.

2. BRASIL WAND

BRASIL WAND ▓▓▓AMERICAN TOP TEAM▓▓▓

We dont know anything about Holms ground game.

There is a reason Ronda is ducking Cyborg.

McMann hasn't looked impressive.

3. BigBlue10989

BigBlue10989 Yellow Belt

Ronda will toss Holm all over the cage. But honestly, I would rather her fight Zingano again. Outside of Cyborg, she has the best chance IMO.

4. rpn453

rpn453 Brown Belt

At 135? That would rule out Cyborg, so I guess Holm. There's at least a chance she could land a big head kick in the short time it would take Ronda to put her away.

I think 145 Cyborg would have a much better chance than Holm though.

5. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

Cyborg no question

6. Tank1906

Tank1906 Blue Belt

McMann if she can control distance, she got power that changes things. Auschwitz Cyborg would gas too quickly.

7. Hanz_Blitz

Hanz_Blitz BJJ all day

Cyborg is the only one with any hope

8. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Black Belt

So many people on this site rate McMann way too highly. Her MMA game is not impressive. She has no chance. It's Cyborg, Miesha or no one. Probably no one.

9. BenRichards

BenRichards Brown Belt

holm's fighting technique is best suited to beating rousey. mind you i'm not talking about some crazy ko but more like how condit beat diaz. if she can keep rousey off her in the early goings & land enough, i think she could win a decision.

cyborg gets subbed in my opinion. i've never seen anything to suggest that she doesn't end up on the ground fighting for survival. she basically fights like ronda without the grappling. they clinch, she eats turf, and gets subbed. actually it might look like the alexis davis fight or zigano, take your pick

mcmann was schooled in mma grappling by tate, she isnt relevant imo

10. BenRichards

BenRichards Brown Belt

basically. i funky feeling though that there's a small chance in the 3rd fight she might rock her once or twice and get a lucky win. she got power and she proved if she wants she can keep it standing for the most part. still though she probably loses and badly

11. Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades My Opinion > Yours

Cyborg really has the only chance (besides Tate)

She is the better striker and bigger fighter.

I can't see her being controlled by Rousey.

But she can't make 135..............safely.

12. thetruth2709

thetruth2709 Red Belt

If it comes to stand up skills I take Holms over Cyborg anytime... Cyborg is just a beast but Holms is a more "intelligent" stand up fighter, she doesnt get hit that much and she would never go all blazing like Bethe did... Rondas hands have improved and it wouldnt surprise me if she can KO Cyborg by now... she woudnt touch Holms (if a fight would only be standing up)

There is a reason why Mayweather has been undefeated all his career, and guess what, its not because he is a beast or hits hard

Ronda still beats both Holms and Cyborg (Im not saying she wouldnt) but saying Cyborg has a bigger chance because shes been a beast ... nah you are just letting yourself get impressed by the competition Cyborg has faced, on a pure stand up fight Holms is better

13. Cake4Breakfast

Cake4Breakfast Gold Belt

meh, some combination of at least two of them at the same time, otherwise, it's just practicing against the scout team for Rousey, if that.

14. fightdonttweet

fightdonttweet Banned Banned

I don't like any of their chances. McMann didn't outgrapple Ronda when she got her chance and lost the grappling exchanges to Tate. She seems to be worse everywhere.

Cyborg has a chance if she can keep the fight standing but we've no evidence of that and we can't even be certain she's a better striker than Ronda.

Holm isn't worth mentioning. So I guess Cyborg because of the unknown factor.

15. fightdonttweet

fightdonttweet Banned Banned

Holm has no power and clearly has a significant grappling disadvantage. The fact she struggled with Pennington is evidence that Ronda could run right through her just by being aggressive.

16. thetruth2709

thetruth2709 Red Belt

and as I said in my post Im not saying she wouldnt

17. LuHao5554369

LuHao5554369 White Belt

After Tate this is how I see it.

McMann- Lost quick to Ronda, lost to Tate, hasn't looked great after the loss. Don't see her coming back at the moment

Cyborg- I am doubting she can or ever will make 135, if she did she would be too weak to put up a good fight with Ronda.

Holm- Still hasn't fought the competition required for me to believe she would have a chance against Ronda. Let her fight McMann and Zingano and if she beats them both then give her a shot.

18. KhabibTheBeagle

KhabibTheBeagle Papi de la Sherdog

Rousey is ducking Holm. She'd get kish'd, yish'd, keeyah'd, but a strike will never land. She must be terrified.

19. sss133

sss133 Green Belt

Cyborg Tate and Zingano have the best chances as long as they fight smart.

Tate was going ok with Ronda until for some unknown reason she decided to start shooting for takedowns. She's also improved a bit with power but so has Ronda.

Cat just rushed her and ended up arm barred so it was a combination of Rondas skill mixed with horrible game planning. I'd like to see them fight again

Cyborg is interesting i think she'd win but if she tries them throws she did on gina where she basically pulled mount, she's pretty screwed.
    So cyborg I'd say 40/60 chance.
    Cat 25/75 and Tate 15/85

20. LuHao5554369

LuHao5554369 White Belt

Tate is the only one who has a chance and has lasted the longest. Still unsure if she can do it but will have to keep it standing even though Ronda is getting better in that department. I would like Cat to fight Alexis Davis and even McMann before she fights Ronda again. Cyborg has a decent chance but I question her dedication or ability to make 135. I agree with you on the Tate situation very much.