HW: Cain
LHW: Cormier
MW: Romero
WW: Askren
LW: Nurmagomedov
FW: Mendes
BW: Dillashaw
FW: Mighty Mouse

Toughest call for me was between Romero and Weidman but these are just based on my opinions :)

Looks about right to me, TS. If GSP returned I would have him ahead of Askren at WW.

Regarding Weidman and Romero, Weidman is probably the better wrestler for MMA, whereas Romero is the better wrestler in wrestling, proven by his wrestling accomplishments.

i think Weidman takes the MW category, he's not just an amazing wrestler but a gifted grappler in general

Regarding Weidman and Romero, Weidman is probably the better wrestler for MMA, whereas Romero is the better wrestler in wrestling, proven by his wrestling accomplishments.

That's what I was thinking, I think Weidman's great at setting up the TD in MMA but Romero can man handle big guys with little effort.

Cain
Cormier
CM Punk
Askren
Nurmagomedov
who cares.....

Last edited:
HW- Cain Velasquez
LHW - Daniel Cormier
MW - Yoel Romero
WW - Ben Askren
LW - Khabib Nurmagomedov
FW - Chad Mendes
BW -Dominick Cruz
FlyW - Henry Cejudo

HW- Cain Velasquez
LHW - Daniel Cormier
MW - Yoel Romero
WW - Ben Askren
LW - Khabib Nurmagomedov
FW - Chad Mendes
BW -Dominick Cruz
FlyW - Henry Cejudo

Cejudo didn't even really use wrestling in his UFC debut fight but he looked stellar overall in my opinion.

This list looks correct more or less.

That's what I was thinking, I think Weidman's great at setting up the TD in MMA but Romero can man handle big guys with little effort.

That's a better explanation than what I said. :cool:
icon14.gif

HW: Cain
LHW: Cormier
MW: Romero
WW: Hendricks
LW: Nurmagomedov
FW: Edgar
BW: Dillashaw
FW: Mighty Mouse

I'm a Romero fan but his MMA wrestling isn't the best. In fact he was taken down several times by Brunson and almost lost the fight if not the last round comeback. I'm also afraid he will get taken down and submitted by Jacare.

cain, cormier, gsp don't watch every division especially "small weights"

Romero got taken down several times in the UFC.. Weidman is the best wrestler at MW

HW- Cain Velasquez
LHW - Daniel Cormier
MW - Yoel Romero
WW - Ben Askren
LW - Khabib Nurmagomedov
FW - Chad Mendes
BW -Dominick Cruz
FlyW - Henry Cejudo

Mighty Mouse would take down Cejuo and make it look easy.

Back