Best wrestler in each division?

So what if Romero got taken down?he used his wrestling at tavares and kennedy mostly and run them over with wrestling.If he fights Brunson now he would probabbly wrestle him harder and beat him too,dont forget he actually got inside trip in 1st round on him.

HW:Cain Velasquez
LHW:Daniel Cormier
MW:Yoel Romero
WW:Ben Askren(but have to see him with UFC good TDD fighters and wrestlers)
LW:Khabib Nurmagomedov
FW:Chad Mendes
BW:Dominick Cruz i think
Fly:For now DJ,Cejudo if he uses his wrestling more

HW: Cain
LHW: Cormier
MW: Romero
WW: Askren
LW: Nurmagomedov
FW: Mendes
BW: Dillashaw
FW: Mighty Mouse

Toughest call for me was between Romero and Weidman but these are just based on my opinions :)

Seems like a pretty decent list actually. And in pure wrestling Romero is clearly better. In MMA... tough call.

Id say Frankie is the best wrestler in MMA at featherweight, and i also think that Edgar is better in MMA than Mendes. Would love to see them fight for sure.

BUT McGOAT is a master of unarmed combat and that is why he will beat any one-dimensional wrestlers that crosses the path with him.

I'm a Romero fan but his MMA wrestling isn't the best. In fact he was taken down several times by Brunson and almost lost the fight if not the last round comeback. I'm also afraid he will get taken down and submitted by Jacare.

Why would you be afraid of that? It'd be glorious. Jacare title push 2015!

Cejudo fought at bantamweight in his debut so you can't really say he's a flyweight yet.

Esparza would be the best WSW wrestler I suppose.

Regarding Weidman and Romero, Weidman is probably the better wrestler for MMA, whereas Romero is the better wrestler in wrestling, proven by his wrestling accomplishments.

My thoughts as well. Weidman is more MMA polished in general.

Toughest call for me was between Romero and Weidman but these are just based on my opinions :)

The only one I'd disagree with is Dillashaw.

I think Romero is a better wrestler than Weidman.

Notice AKA has the top wrestler in three divisions, Andy should train there for the The Chris rematch

Tibau beat Khabib in the TD/TDD department in their fight. I think he went 1/8, while Khabib went 1/13 or something. Though admittedly there's a lot more to wrestling than takedowns.

Based on mma wrestling, I'd say...

MM
Cruz or Barao
Mendes or Edgar
? (Possibly Khabib)
No idea for WW, Hendricks hasn't impressed me too much.
Weidman or Romero
Cormier
Cain

Romero's mma wrestling isn't on same level as weidman,jacare etc-dude got outwrestled by markes and brunson
HW:cain
LHW:DC
MW:weidman
WW:askren or hendricks
LW:khabib by far
FW:frankie or chad
BW:tj
FLY:bagautinov or mccall
mccall,brad and bagautinov all outwrestled dj

Mighty Mouse would take down Cejuo and make it look easy.

MM would take down an Olyimpic gold medalist easily ?

Really-Animated-GIF.gif

Cain
Dc
Romero (mma wrestling bla bla. Hes the best wrestler in the division. Just because hes been taken down in mma doesnt mean shit.)
Askren
Khabib
Edgar or Melendez
..Faber?
Idk.

not really impressed with romero's mma wrestling tbh

I'm a Romero fan but his MMA wrestling isn't the best. In fact he was taken down several times by Brunson and almost lost the fight if not the last round comeback. I'm also afraid he will get taken down and submitted by Jacare.
Anyone can be taken down.. especially while coming forward striking.. add the element of surprise in.

Ts didnt ask best mma fighter, he asked best wrestler. He didnt say mma wrestling, whatever that means. Yoel is at the highest level of wrestling. It should also be noted hes old now.

Cain is the ONLY wrestler in HW atm lol. He's basically the Randy Couture of that division.

Back