Best wrestler by division

I don't think it is fair to say that he avoided DC at hw for good reason, is there any evidence that he avoided him? I don't think the extra fat percentage for DC would have filled the gap between the two, that seems frankly ridicoulous. Reyes is a veery good defensive wrestler, sure he has been KO'd a lot recently but that is a different story. I also feel like Jones was operating on cruise control in his last fights at LHW. People point to his somewhat competive fight against Santos, but he barely even tried to get that fight to the ground, I think he went for one half-assed take down attepmt the hole fight.

I stand corrected, but I still find it odd and would favor Jones at heavyweight. The claim that a fatter DC would be a significantly stronger threat seems silly, but maybe Jones knows more than be about fighting in that specific regard, the fat may be where a lot of the power is accumulated.

Reactions: HHJ
Agreed. Welterweight is tough; you can legitimately make arguments for Usman, Brady, or I guess Colby... Usman seems like he might be going up to 185 though.

Are you intentionally forgetting someone's name?

I stand corrected, but I still find it odd and would favor Jones at heavyweight. The claim that a fatter DC would be a significantly stronger threat seems silly, but maybe Jones knows more than be about fighting in that specific regard, the fat may be where a lot of the power is accumulated.
I think he's being selective at hw for a reason.

The bigger question to me is how good Jones still is at his age. He did take Gane down but his wrestling looked very ineffective against Santos and Reyes. I would like to see what the wrestling looks like against Aspinall or Blaydes.

Reactions: HHJ
FW: Mighty Mouse , I know he got out wrestled by Henry but that Henry is gone

He was just taking down HWs with big guy knee taps

poatan has 100% takedown success, right?
According to the official stats yeah. 1 of 1 against Izzy.

However it should be 50%. He attempted another takedown in round 3 with a hiptoss, but Izzy used it to take him down instead. Should count as a failed takedown.

I can't help to feel that Umar is only esteemed that highly as a wrassler because of Daegstani privelege. Merab was able to stuff down Yan and Cejudo. Umar has really only fought cans at this point so to put them on the same level when they have faced severely different competetition seems a bit cheeky.
It’s that royalty. The can crushing is over tho. We get to see what’s under the hood his next fight.

He looks damn good. But I agree until he proves it, Merab is it. But he very well could be something very special. Really excited for his next fight.

This is active fighters only.

HW: Curtis Blaydes
LHW: Magomed Ankalaev
MW: Khamzat Chimaev
WW: Kamaru Usman
LW: Makhachev
FW: Movsar Evloev
BW: Merab/Umar
FLW: Muhammad Mokaev

W BW: Kayla Harrison
W FLW: Valentina Shevchenko
W SW: Tatiana Suarez

Do you agree? If not then what is your list?
Who is your favourite? Mine are Chimaev and Val.

Also, changes can be made to the list if you have good suggestions.
I don’t think usman is it anymore. I wanna say Shavkat just cause he seems so complete and is such a natural fighter.

Jones did not really like DC during that time and made the statement that why would he logically give DC a strength and power advantage at HW, as it makes no sense. Mind you that Jones wanted a superfight with Cain Velasquez when he was on top of the LHW division. So he was willing to go up but just not for the guy he hated.

I feel it was really about bad blood but he also mentioned that Cormier is indeed a special fighter and one of the best in the UFC. He made no issue with stating how much he does respect DC's MMA game.

Last edited:
Are you intentionally forgetting someone's name?

Lmao, no. I actually restructured that sentence beforehand and always had the intention of including Belal, but forgot before posting it. I am not a Belal denier. Edited now.

There is definitely a joke in there somewhere in hindsight...

Jones did not really like DC during that time and made the statement that why would he logically give DC a strength and power advantage at HW, as it makes no sense. Mind you that Jones wanted a superfight with Cain Velasquez when he was on top of the LHW division. So he was willing to go up but just not for the guy he hated.

I feel it was really about bad blood but he also mentioned that Cormier is indeed a special fighter and one of the best in the UFC. He made no issue with stating how much he does respect DC's MMA game.
Bullshit bro. DC had the belt. A guy he beat (w roids)

There's legit no reason not to take that if you can win.

This is the list.

HW: Almeida

LHW: Ankalaev

MW: Chimaev

WW: Rinat Fakhretdinov

LW: Islam Makhachev

FW: Movsar Evloev

BW: Umar Nurmagomedov

FLW: Mokaev

Bullshit bro. DC had the belt. A guy he beat (w roids)

There's legit no reason not to take that if you can win.
What Belt ? You mean the one given to him by jones who had it stripped. Or do you mean the HW belt. Also When jones beat DC he cleared his test but its funny to hear about PEDs when Cormier himself had an issue with the PED test himself. I cant take someone serious when they talk about jones using when Cormier had a special treat in his own PED test.

As I said, Jones wanted a superfight with Cain, if he could fight Cain or push Dana for a fight with Cain at HW or catchweight, DC should have been an afterthought. At the end of the day Jones made it clear DC was indeed as good as he was labeled but he was not going to give DC an advantage if he did not need too and that is what he said.

Last edited:
What Belt ? You mean the one given to him by jones who had it stripped. Or do you mean the HW belt. Also When jones beat DC he we cleared his test but its funny to hear about PEDs when Cormier himself had an issue with the PED test himself. I cant take someone serious when they talk about jones using when Cormier had a special treat in his own PED test.

As I said, Jones wanted a superfight with Cain, if he could fight Cain or push Dana for a fight with Cain at HW or catchweight, DC should have been an afterthought. At the end of the day Jones made it clear DC was indeed as good as he was labeled but he was not going to give DC an advantage if he did not need too and that is what he said.
The hw belt. That he ko'd Stipe for. He didn't go for it cos he think he will lose.

The hw belt. That he ko'd Stipe for. He didn't go for it cos he think he will lose.
Jones never said he thought he would lose. He said he would not fight Cormier at HW because that is his zone. So he said why give him all of those advantages and Cormier did not hold the HW belt for long.

He lost it as fast as he got it, You act as if Cormier was HW champion for 10 years. He was champion for about 2 seconds and then lost it. How could jon not want to fight him when he did not hold the belt longer than a glass of water. Makes no sense.

Jones never said he thought he would lose. He said he would not fight Cormier at HW because that is his zone. So he said why give him all of those advantages and Cormier did not hold the HW belt for long.

He lost it as fast as he got it, You act as if Cormier was HW champion for 10 years. He was champion for about 2 seconds and then lost it. How could jon not want to fight him when he did not hold the belt longer than a glass of water. Makes no sense.
Not fight for hw title = he would lose.

Of course he not gonna say that but it's not really hard to read between the lines.

DC held it long enough for Jones to say he won't do it.

HW: Jailton (Blaydes won because of striking but he was getting outwrestled by Jailton).
LHW: Ankalaev
MW: Bo Nickal
WW: Brady or Shavkat
LW: Makhachev
FW: Evloev
BW: Merab
FLW: Pantoja or Mokaev

W BW: Kayla Harrison
W FLW: Valentina Shevchenko
W SW: Tatiana Suarez or Weili Zhang

Not fight for hw title = he would lose.

Of course he not gonna say that but it's not really hard to read between the lines

Read between what ?

It could mean anything like it would be harder to beat him. It does not mean he would lose, or that he thinks he will lose, it is possible but it just could mean Cormier would be harder to beat for jones.

Listen this is nonsense.

Back