The Dark Knight Rises
Total Recall
Soldiers of Fortune
Lawless
The Words
Dredd
Looper
Taken 2

I really don't know what people were "expecting" from Prometheus that let them down so badly.

I really don't know what people were "expecting" from Prometheus that let them down so badly.

ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-m-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens-c549c7.jpg

Worst: Probably not worst, but I want to say overrated...Silver Linings Playbook. Was getting so much critical acclaim that I thought it had to be good. Was mostly annoying, and though it did come together a bit at the end, remained pretty lackluster overall.

Best: The Grey or Django Unchained

Worst:Agree on Silver Linings Playbook being extremely overrated but the most overrated movie of 2012 has to be Zero Dark Thirty. Anyone else find the main actress really annoying?

Overrated: Cabin in the Woods, The Avengers

the avengers,django unchained,and cabin in the woods were my tops movies of 2012.The worst...well im not really sure,I dont watch movies I think are going to be shit.My girlfriend has a pretty good taste in movies so I dont end up watching chick flicks and what not.The most disappointing for me was silent hill revelations.Tons of gore and monsters and I still was drifting off a bit.

Overrated: Cabin in the Woods, The Avengers

Does everything on this forum have to boil down to "Overrated and Underrated"

Just post which movie you thought was the best and which was the worst

Best: Tree of Life (think it was 2012)
Worst: Battleship (sorry Cintauro, it sucked big time)

Tree of life was 2011.

So far I've seen Django, Les Mis, and Zero Dark Thirty and all 3 of them were kind of "meh"

Django was the best of the 3 but definitely could've been better. The Sessions was decent, Hitchcock was okay but I thought it would be better. Maybe 2012 is just the year of movies that don't blow you away.

edit: Oh Les Mis was definitely the worst, btw

I skipped a lot of movies from last year, but from what I've seen so far:

Best: The Dark Knight Rises, The Watch, 21 Jump Street

Worst: The Avengers

Back