Best & Worst Movie of 2012?

Amber Heard lookin kinda busted these days.

heard01.jpg

Leave my woman alone. :(

So far this year I've enjoyed Prometheus, Django Unchained and Lawless quite a bit.

I thought I Melt With You was pretty bad.

Best: TDKR and The Grey

Worst: didn't see enough 2012 movies to see anything I'd classify as worst

Don't know about worst but the best was Django.

Best - The Avengers

Worst - I can't narrow it down to just one. The Devil Inside, Silent Hill: Revelation, Chernobyl Diaries, and The Apparition all felt as though they took a year of my lifeforce from my body when I saw them.

Best: Savages & Hunger Games. I'm well aware of their critics, but I enjoyed the heck out of both films.

Worst: Probably not worst, but I want to say overrated...Silver Linings Playbook. Was getting so much critical acclaim that I thought it had to be good. Was mostly annoying, and though it did come together a bit at the end, remained pretty lackluster overall.

I really loved Django..

But I still need to see PTA's 'The Master'

Im sure it will end up high on my list

I only saw 10 movies this year, so here they are in order, best to worst:

Cabin in the Woods
Avengers
Dark Knight Rises
Prometheus
Skyfall
Savages
American Reunion
Iron Sky
Pirahna 3DD
Resident Evil: Retribution

Not the worst but definetly the most disappointing: Prometheus.
Scott lost his magic.

I won't have seen enough of the most relevant candidates- at least for the "best" segment- until the 2nd or 3rd month of 2013. It's like that every year.

I've only seen a handful of 2012 films, so of the ones I've seen, these are the best and worst...

Best: The Impossible
I liked this so much I wouldn't mind seeing it again at the theatre, but I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty, Lincoln, etc. so this is subject to change.

Worst: The Hunger Games
Forced to watch this against my better judgment and absolutely hated it. Like a mid-80's Doctor Who episode when that show was really tanking but with a big budget and without the Doctor showing up to at least make it slightly palatable. Would have much rather seen the Doctor arrive in the TARDIS, meet Katniss, learn what the game is and being disgusted by it, then she becomes his companion and the two win the game and defeat the bad guys through superior intellect and not senseless slaughter.

Speaking of which, apparently watching kids killing each other is now family entertainment since this film was such a blockbuster hit, but I have to ask, if our real world society enjoys this crap, then how are we any different than the decadent and heartless elites in the film who are enjoying the exact same thing? And then people want to blame shootings like the Newtown Massacre on the 2nd Ammendment while ignoring mental illness and irresponsible filmmaking such as this, which only serves to glorify violence and desensitize people to it. On a lighter note, was there anyone more annoying in film this year than Stanley Tucci was in this? Just brutal and distasteful from start to finish and one of the worst films I've ever seen.

Most Disappointing: The Dark Knight Rises
Anne Hathaway's Cat Woman was the best thing about it, after that there isn't a whole lot to recommend. Too long, lost interest and got bored half-way through, Bane was lame, too many stupid plot points to mention, etc. It's still a Nolan film, so it's not horrible, but it's also far from the greatness that was expected. Unlike the first two films of the trilogy, I never want to see this again.

Best: Avengers

Disappointing: Spider-man and Dark Knight Rises

Also, people fail to understand, way beyond my fathoming, is that the character development has been taken in each characters respective 'origin' pieces.

Back