Best welterweight in the world?

No it doesn't, Mousasi is better than Rory at everything(striking, sub grappling, wrestling considering the size/strength difference) and has a similar style so Rory had no advantage.

That's what happens when you have two guys with similar styles and one is bigger/hits harder and is just better at that style.
it's not the fact that he lost. it's the way he lost. Mousasi isn't invincible. Shlemenko is ww- sized and had him in all sorts of trouble. and yet Rory had no chance.

Mousasi was his only chance to do something significant to put him back in "who's best" discussion.
I respectfully disagree. Getting starched by an elite MW/LHW is irrelevant to this discussion

i'm not sure about that. size difference won't be that big and Woodley has good wrestling. i think it would have been competitive.

His wrestling and sub grappling isn't as good as Weidman's and he would be at a disadvantage standing.

it's not the fact that he lost. it's the way he lost. Mousasi isn't invincible. Shlemenko is ww- sized and had him in all sorts of trouble. and yet Rory had no chance.

Shlemenko had a competitive fight with Mousasi because he's very unorthodox and he landed a big shot early. Rory doesn't have the same punching power or unpredicable style, Woodley has similar power but he's far more predictable than Shlemenko in the stand up.

Colby Convington raw american steel, is probably the best fighter in generations to come, reminds me of andreson silva mixed with GSP

a) Rory MacDonald
b) Tyron Woodley
c) Douglas Lima
d) Santiago Ponzinibbio
e) Kamaru Usman
f) Colby Covington
g) Darren Till
h) Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
i) Platinum !!
j) Erick Silva
k) Andrey Koreshkov
l) Michael Venom Page
m) Paul Daley
n) Jon Fitch

Way too much wasted names on this list Colby Covington & Platinum Mike Perry among others being on this list makes your thread question a joke...

1. PRE USADA Hendricks
2.GSP
3. Rory
4. Askren
5. Woodley
6. Robbie Lawler
7. Josh Koscheck
8. Matt Hughes
9. Nick Diaz
10. Colby Covington

HAHA, good one. Puts Pigg Rigg at the #1 Wleter in the world and lists 7 time defending Matt Hughes at #8.

<YeahOKJen>

a) Rory MacDonald
b) Tyron Woodley
c) Douglas Lima
d) Santiago Ponzinibbio
e) Kamaru Usman
f) Colby Covington
g) Darren Till
i) Platinum !!
j) Erick Silva
k) Andrey Koreshkov
l) Michael Venom Page
m) Paul Daley
n) Jon Fitch

Jake shields?

yes, because the UFC's WW rooster sux....and Bellator's is better.

Why bring Perry into it?

giphy.gif

a) Rory MacDonald
b) Tyron Woodley
c) Douglas Lima
d) Santiago Ponzinibbio
e) Kamaru Usman
f) Colby Covington
g) Darren Till
i) Platinum !!
j) Erick Silva
k) Andrey Koreshkov
l) Michael Venom Page
m) Paul Daley
n) Jon Fitch

rory really. mvp not even top 50 in the world you did see all those cans on his record right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back