Best TUF contestant ever?

khonnell

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
There have been some truly magnificent talents pass through the TUF household over the years but who's gone on to become the best? My list goes as:

1. Rashad Evans
2. Matt Brown
3. Nate Diaz
4. Forrest Griffin
5. Michael Bisping
6. Kelvin Gastelum
7. Big Country
8. Matt Serra
9. Kenny Florian
10. Diego Sanchez

Between Forrest and Rashad

Rashad and it's not even close.

Is this based on skill and talent or overall careers? Either way I don't think Gastelum is in the top 10 yet, also I think Florian is too low and even though Matt Brown has been tearing it up lately I think he's too high, but he's definitely on his way up.

Are you seriously gonna put Matt Brown over former UFC champs and perennial top contenders right now?

Rashad came to mind right away

With Rashad beating Forrest head-to-head and subsequently making him run out of the cage crying, you can't put Forrest in a tie or better with Rashad.

Matt Brown over former UFC champs Forrest and Serra, over Kenny and Diego (he used to be good back when he was beating Nick and Karo)? Let him actually beat a top fighter first.

How can you have Serra so low? The guy who improbably won the belt is below guys who have never been in a title fight.

Gastelum has massive potential. Just look at how he evolved from the beginning of TUF over the course of the show. He went from being the last pick to derailing the biggest hype train in TUF history. I'm predicting huge things.

rashad imho, but i don't know, i don't watch tuf so i'm not sure. but yeah rashad i would think.

It just seems wrong to see Bisping ranked top 10 in ANY list... even if it is just TUF contestants.

There have been some truly magnificent talents pass through the TUF household over the years but who's gone on to become the best? My list goes as:

1. Rashad Evans
2. Matt Brown
3. Nate Diaz
4. Forrest Griffin
5. Michael Bisping
6. Kelvin Gastelum
7. Big Country
8. Matt Serra
9. Kenny Florian
10. Diego Sanchez

Rashad is the easy number 1. Having Diaz and Brown over Griffin is a travesty. Serra is also a high mention, but giving the unusual nature of Season 4, it's hard to say where he should end up.

If we look at it from a numbers game, Rashad, Forrest, and Serra became champs. Diaz, Florian, Dodson, Koscheck, Cote and Sanchez all fought for the belt, and Dillashaw is on his way. Gastelum shows a lot of promise, but I won't bite until he beats a guy in the top 10. Bisping, Big Country, and Brown have done well for themselves, but have yet to win against a top 10 fighter either. Bonnar gets a slight reference as honorable mention.

So if I had to make a list, it would be 1. Rashad, 2. Forrest, 3. Serra, with 4-10 some mix of the other mentioned fighters outside of Bonnar/Cote/Gastelum/Brown. Bisping gets the nod over Brown in my book based solely on strength of schedule, even though he lost all of his bigger fights. Also, Serra could drop to 4 and switch with maybe Florian, Koscheck, or Sanchez.

If I missed a TUF fighter/winner who fits into the above categories, I apologize.

EDIT: Nelson has a top 10 win I'm pretty sure, and I forgot Joe Lauzon as well.

Last edited:
That list is horrible & I like half of those guys.

Edit:

My version of your list

1. Rashad Evans
2. Forrest Griffin
T3. Michael Bisping
T3. Kenny Florian
5. Matt Serra
6. Diego Sanchez
T7. Roy Nelson
T7. Nate Diaz
9. Matt Brown
10. Kelvin Gastelum