Best training for BBJ and MT?

murphyqu03

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hi guys:

I'm sure it's been asked a ton, but do you know any good websites that discuss the best training for fighting? I have not been training for long, and am certainly not strong.

I just thought if I had a good lifting/running program that was geared towards fighting I might be more apt to follow it strictly!

Thanks!

oh man. I thought orange belt was going to be at 200... it's at 250?!?! Oh well, another couple of years...

Seriously, everything you need to know is in the FAQs for Strength, Conditioning and Diet.

That's pretty much what a Mod is going to tell you, if they don't just lock this.

Hi guys:

I'm sure it's been asked a ton, but do you know any good websites that discuss the best training for fighting? I have not been training for long, and am certainly not strong.

I just thought if I had a good lifting/running program that was geared towards fighting I might be more apt to follow it strictly!

Thanks!

Good call. You might actually say it's been asked frequently... a question... that is frequently asked. Hmmmm....

wait for it....

Q: How do I get stronger for bjj/judo/mma/tha boxing?

A: You get strong. Too many people fall into the trap of thinking there's some magical exercise that will make their training somehow more applicable to their art, bollocks. Strength is strength, go train heavy and hard and you'll find you get stronger on the mat or in the ring. One leg squats on a gym ball while avoiding a stick swung by an old man with a Fu Manchu moustache won't help.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/strength-power-faq-v2-0-a-1339105/

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/conditioning-faq-read-497312/

Q: How do I get stronger for bjj/judo/mma/tha boxing?

A: You get strong. Too many people fall into the trap of thinking there's some magical exercise that will make their training somehow more applicable to their art, bollocks. Strength is strength, go train heavy and hard and you'll find you get stronger on the mat or in the ring. One leg squats on a gym ball while avoiding a stick swung by an old man with a Fu Manchu moustache won't help.

Q: Why do so many of your links seem to be aimed at powerlifters and Olympic weightlifters, surely this isn

DrBan beat me to it.

booyah! *dances*

robot-dance_gif-anime-090820.gif

Anyone got the Samuel L Jackson, "The FAQ motherfucker, can you read it?!" pic?:icon_twis

Back