• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Tiny Characters in Movies...

Beatrice Straight won an oscar for these 5 minutes:

Let's discuss again...

Mickey Rourke in The Pledge
Brian Glover in American Werewolf
Michael Wincott in Talk Radio

Mickey Rourke in The Pledge
Brian Glover in American Werewolf
Michael Wincott in Talk Radio

Damn those are some good choices. I feel bad for not thinking of them.

I guess I could offer Mickey Rourke in Animal Factory as well...if the role is small enough.

But either way...Costas Mandylor was great in The Pledge with a small role as well. I don't know if anyone has ever gotten that much of his character across in two minutes of exposition about crime files.

Damn those are some good choices. I feel bad for not thinking of them.

I guess I could offer Mickey Rourke in Animal Factory as well...if the role is small enough.

But either way...Costas Mandylor was great in The Pledge with a small role as well. I don't know if anyone has ever gotten that much of his character across in two minutes of exposition about crime files.
Benicio was great in The Pledge also, might have to watch that again soon.

Oh Elias Koteas in The Fallen was great

gonna have to watch Ghost later

Benicio was great in The Pledge also, might have to watch that again soon.

Oh Elias Koteas in The Fallen was great

Yeah The Pledge should have been up for best actor, best director and best picture.

Richard Jenkins in There's Something About Mary.

Viggo Mortensen in The Prophecy.

Lilyan Chauvin was fantastic as the ultimate bitch nun in Silent Night Deadly Night. Nancy Fish was supremely sinister and unnerving in Exorcist III

any side character from Total Recall

any side character from Total Recall

Yeah Benny is too big of a character but Robert Costanzo was good as always, same with Dean Norris. Marshall Bell / Kuato was maybe too big of a legitimate supporting role to qualify for the thread, but there were more good tiny roles. Robert Picardo as the Johnny Cab, the Recall salesman, Michael Champion as Richter's sidekick, the guy who tries to get Arnold to take the pill was very good, the lady with three breastises...

Only one scene: And the chant was improvised, and Leo's reaction was genuine (looking at director like wtf is happening)

Another great one. I have backed up that scene and watched it multiple times. DiCaprio's face during it is priceless.

Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross or Christopher Walken in True Romance.

Two of the best scenes in cinema history!

I'm more impressed with Dennis Hopper's role. (And even more by Gary Oldman's.) Walken is always good. However his role in Pulp Fiction was especially entertaining. In particular the pitch fluctuation of his voice.

Last edited:
Vanilla Ice in The Ridiculous Six (another movie I didn't care for).

Jon Favreau in I Love You Man.

The thug dude that's starting a new kung-fu school on Ip Man.

Colorado in Ria Bravo.

Jane Lynch in Role Models.

(All of these except Rio Bravo I watched in a tin can.)

Back