Best tasting Whey protein?

718Glock9

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What's up y'all... I'm thinking about starting to take whey protein and I was wondering if you have any suggestions on the best tasting 100% whey... a friend of mine says ONS or something like that is the best but I wanna make sure...

dunno about whey... but muscle milk is the best tasting protein shake ive ever had..
i cant remeber what kind of protein it is. i

google.

pretty much any place you can get other protein shakes they will have Muscle Milk... its a brand name.. not an actual milk

designer whey is my favorite tasting....but i go for cheap.

My most recent purchase of whey was Optimal Nutrition's (ON) 100% Whey Protein in a double rich chocolate flavor or something like that. It tasted pretty good.

Most any nutrition store should carry muscle milk.

Doesn't matter, it's not suppose to taste good. Just chug it.

(Also what is the fat in muscle milk from?)

Guys, Muscle Milk is not specifically a post-workout protein shake. It has a distinctive purpose: to speed the metabolism and to provide MCT's (a medium-chain fat) for immediate energy to be consumed by the cells. Muscle Milk is primarily fat, so if he's looking for a post-workout protein, or all purpose protein (e.g. something to add to a fruit shake to up his protein intake for the day), this is not the powder to get.

Glock, I'm posting a True Protein/Protein Factory review in a new thread. Give it a look.

Any Maximuscle product is fantastic but dont know if you can get it in states

Cytosport- the manufacturer of Muscle Milk- also makes "Complete Whey Protein." I imagine it probably tastes pretty fantastic, and the flavors are mindblowing just to read, again:

Complete Whey Flavors
Chocolate
Chocolate Mint Chip
Vanilla
Vanilla Bean
Butternut Crunch
Cocoa Bean
Cookies n' Cream
Strawberry Banana

neosamurai1979 said:
Who cares what it tastes like...just pinch your nose and chug away.

Yeah?

Alright tough guy, do us all a favor and be our guinea pig. Order 100% Hydrolyzed Casein (the ultimate post-workout protein) from True Protein and sweeten it only with Stevia (the most natural sweetener- since we're not concerned about taste). Get any flavor you want: nothing premium, that costs extra, and after all, we're chugging here.

Throw a couple 25g scoops of that in a 25 oz. shaker cup after your workout and pinch your nose.

Post the results.

Oh joy.

Madmick said:
Yeah?

Alright tough guy, do us all a favor and be our guinea pig. Order 100% Hydrolyzed Casein (the ultimate post-workout protein) from True Protein and sweeten it only with Stevia (the most natural sweetener- since we're not concerned about taste). Get any flavor you want: nothing premium, that costs extra, and after all, we're chugging here.

Throw a couple 25g scoops of that in a 25 oz. shaker cup after your workout and pinch your nose.

Post the results.

Oh joy.

Pwnd.

Gsoares2 said:
dunno about whey... but muscle milk is the best tasting protein shake ive ever had..
i cant remeber what kind of protein it is. i

It's a Micellar Casein protein, a slow release protein in a nutshell....can be considered an MRP, meal replacement protein. You don't take it post workout.

With Whey type proteins you take it after workouts. Why? Whey means that its a fast digesting protein, after you hit the weights you have micro tears in your muscles causing soreness and since it's fast acting it gets broken down quick and goes right to those muscles. (because after a workout I believe there's a 45 min window where your body is hungry for protein)

EDIT: As for best tasting, ON 100% Whey is good, I get chocolate and I add 2 scoops into 16 oz of lowfat milk with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, ill also add some sesathin as well, tastes great and chocolate flavors and milk blend well together, peanut butter compliments the tastes as well and gives u those extra calories and protein for bulking.

Either ON 100% whey or its a bit pricier but, i hear beverly's whey is delicious as well

ON 100% http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Beverly http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bev/ult.html

Oh and ON has always been the no.1 selling whey on bodybuilding.com, and all the customers I sell ON 100% to love that stuff!

I gotta say that Prostar's Banana whey tasted pretty freaking spectacular. The Chocolate was good, too, but only good, and with chocolate (the easiest flavor to make pleasant, IMO), "good" is only middle of the road. Avoid the raspberry and vanilla. The strawberry was good, but only by itself, put it with anything but just milk and a banana in the blender and it was nasty (this includes realy strawberries...it didn't jive).

The Gourmet flavor Chocolate Mint was spectacular- as good as the Muscle Milk Cookies n' Cream I have. I didn't try the Cocoa Mocha but I bet that was great, too.

As far as whey proteins go, Optimum Nutrition's 100% Gold Whey Protein (Chocolate flavor) is pretty good. It mixes well and is fairly inexpensive too

I enjoy ON 100% Whey Vanilla. It mixes well with just a spoon and you can mix it with fruit or chocolate or peanut butter or whatever and it still tastes great.

Back