Best running partners

EddieH4444

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Does anyone else run with their dog? Today I really just felt like going for a 1 mile walk but as soon as we hit the track my dog let me know that wasn't goin to happen. We ended up getting a nice 2.5- 3 mile run. It's great running with a partner that won't puss out on you or let you puss out.

My dogs are horrible running partners, I get to the end of my line and they look at me and I can see in their eyes they think I am a pussy

My other dog is 10x worse than that. She'll run great with my brother for about a quarter mile then she will literaly lay down. When my dad walks her he'll just drag her until she decides to run but the other day I went looking for my brother and her and I see him holding her sprawled out and belly up. I thought for sure that she had gotten hit by a truck or something but it turns out that my brother felt bad because she didn't want to walk and he was carrying her. Absolutely pathetic.

My dogs are horrible running partners, I get to the end of my line and they look at me and I can see in their eyes they think I am a pussy

lolpd4.jpg

Does anyone else run with their dog? Today I really just felt like going for a 1 mile walk but as soon as we hit the track my dog let me know that wasn't goin to happen. We ended up getting a nice 2.5- 3 mile run. It's great running with a partner that won't puss out on you or let you puss out.

My dog loves to run. I have a 2 1/2 year old Rottie. He's good for about a 7:00 pace for 3 miles or longer distance if we slow it down. It's been too hot to take him lately. He definitely comes in handy for those down days where I feel like crap. We're running whether I like it or not.

I know I've put in good miles when both the dogs are tired. This time of year in Arizona I have to be carefull, I handle the heat better than they do.

lmao at they think you're a pussy.
Dogs i have never run long distances. Just sprint and call it a day.

I know I've put in good miles when both the dogs are tired. This time of year in Arizona I have to be carefull, I handle the heat better than they do.

Yea, my dog isn't to keen on running in the heat either. I have to wait until at least 7:30 - 8:00 to start. I'm sure it's worse in Arizona though, I usually go to Phoenix in the summer and when it's that arid and pushing 120, I can't see a dog faring too well.

heard rampage paid like 20 grand for his dog that he trains with, my dog cant run longer then a 1/2 mile , hafta be carefull with them, i actually think i might do a 1 mile dog race with my dog

heard rampage paid like 20 grand for his dog that he trains with, my dog cant run longer then a 1/2 mile , hafta be carefull with them, i actually think i might do a 1 mile dog race with my dog

He got hosed

I use to run with my dog and we would go up to 5 miles... Well, I hurt my knee and didn't run with him for a few months. I had him run with me a few weeks ago and after a mile and a half, I was having to drag his ass to finish my 2 mile run. He got lazy and soft on me. I need a new running partner. =p

Side note, he charged the door ran like a mofo to the neighbors yard. I walked after him and he would stay 10 to 15 feet away and run. So, I did an all out sprint right at him... Well, I think he remember our lil running trip from that weekend and decided trying to out last me was a bad idea. He ended up just sitting down and letting me grab his collar.

Back