Best 'Prime' thread of all time.

eno78

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
There are a lot of threads at the moment questioning if fighter 'xx' in his prime would beat fighter 'x' if he was also in his prime.
This got me thinking, which thread, when it was in its prime was the best of all time?

huh.jpg

I can think of 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17... other Prime threads that were better

I can think of 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17... other Prime threads that were better

Don't forget 2. It's prime goes unnoticed far too often.

And 1s prime is extremely debatable if not non existent.

The best thread of all time, P4P, is spider's silk; it's tensile strength is stronger than steel for fuck's sake!

Some interesting points so far but now I'm wondering that in its prime, how would this thread stack up against the best of all time. Bare in mind that although in their prime some threads would beat this thread as it is now, this thread has yet to reach its Prime and with some good posts and a bit of luck it could go on to be an all time great.

Some interesting points so far but now I'm wondering that in its prime, how would this thread stack up against the best of all time. Bare in mind that although in their prime some threads would beat this thread as it is now, this thread has yet to reach its Prime and with some good posts and a bit of luck it could go on to be an all time great.

All time greats via better cardio.

Modern threads would all annihilate those older threads, even in their primes. The sport of posting has evolved so much.

Keep in mind that those older threads used to get knockouts with simple Rick Rolls, and modern threads don't even go for that technique anymore because everyone knows how to defend it.

Modern threads would all annihilate those older threads, even in their primes. The sport of posting has evolved so much.

Keep in mind that those older threads used to get knockouts with simple Rick Rolls, and modern threads don't even go for that technique anymore because everyone knows how to defend it.

Modern threads only look dominant, because the talent pool dried into a puddle. Older threads had more competition, so when one rose to the top, you knew that shit was amazing...as it had to stomp the fuck out of hundreds of solid, young, hungry threads to get there.

Plus, the game has changed with the introduction of dop(e)ing. Twitter and texting have made the overwhelming majority of posters, today, into raving morons that can barely read or write. To them, anything even mildly intelligible looks like a world-beater.

Modern threads only look dominant, because the talent pool dried into a puddle. Older threads had more competition, so when one rose to the top, you knew that shit was amazing...as it had to stomp the fuck out of hundreds of solid, young, hungry threads to get there.

Plus, the game has changed with the introduction of dop(e)ing. Twitter and texting have made the overwhelming majority of posters, today, into raving morons that can barely read or write. To them, anything even mildly intelligible looks like a world-beater.

Good point that in my opinion show how far threads have come in a short space of time, even relatively new techniques such as shad face are already becoming obsolete.

Talent pool hasn't dried up, but been watered down. And now that we're more mainstream, the rules are set up to favor the boring posters who never finish a thread. There are so many talented posters in the smaller forums that don't get any credit, but would stomp the hw's.

Talent pool hasn't dried up, but been watered down. And now that we're more mainstream, the rules are set up to favor the boring posters who never finish a thread. There are so many talented posters in the smaller forums that don't get any credit, but would stomp the hw's.

You speak a great deal of truth. Though, I maintain the modern posters' skillset, generally, is lacking in comparison to their forefathers. I mean, when is the last time you saw a truly entertaining flame-war, for example? That shit went on, daily, years ago. We could attribute some of that, perhaps, to the rules having changed....but great posters adapt. They train, and acclimate to the new conditions.

At the end of the day, the top posters of the days gone by, in a street fight, savage the modern posters to death. They just wanted it more.

Back