Best 'Prime' thread of all time.

All you threadnuubs piss me off. I remember the threads from before the Sherdog redesign, those were LEGIT. The Olympic style spell-checking is ruining the sport. It takes too long to recover between bans nowadays.

You speak a great deal of truth. Though, I maintain the modern posters' skillset, generally, is lacking in comparison to their forefathers. I mean, when is the last time you saw a truly entertaining flame-war, for example? That shit went on, daily, years ago. We could attribute some of that, perhaps, to the rules having changed....but great posters adapt. They train, and acclimate to the new conditions.

At the end of the day, the top posters of the days gone by, in a street fight, savage the modern posters to death. They just wanted it more.

Don't forget the fact that old poster had to work harder to make a name for themselves with the lack of publicity posting was getting back then. Now there is posting on Fox and other major media sites.

Back in the day, posters had to work harder to make a good living. They also posted more for the love of posting rather than the glory or fame.

Don't forget also, many poster start at much younger ages, training to one day be the best!

Don't forget the fact that old poster had to work harder to make a name for themselves with the lack of publicity posting was getting back then. Now there is posting on Fox and other major media sites.

Back in the day, posters had to work harder to make a good living. They also posted more for the love of posting rather than the glory or fame.

Don't forget also, many poster start at much younger ages, training to one day be the best!

Not to mention, back then, when they lost a few and got the boot from Sherdog, it was a lot harder for them to work their way back in. They didn't have the wealth of proxies and clever usernames at their fingertips, they had to go back to the drawing board and really dig deep scouring the internets for a new ip and even deeper into their souls to devise a new, enigmatic handle...then they had to go about recapturing their old posting mystique; which everyone knows used to be harder the second time around.

Not to mention, back then, when they lost a few and got the boot from Sherdog, it was a lot harder for them to work their way back in. They didn't have the wealth of proxies and clever usernames at their fingertips, they had to go back to the drawing board and really dig deep scouring the internets for a new ip and even deeper into their souls to devise a new, enigmatic handle...then they had to go about recapturing their old posting mystique; which everyone knows used to be harder the second time around.

All very good points. I think you touched on, possibly, the most important point. The loss of delving into to the soul when creating a posting persona. Truly, I believe, the soul is what is missing from many posters on Sherdog today.

Old posters had padded post counts and fixed threads

I think this thread is now past it's prime.
On reflection I feel it would be beaten by most modern threads that are in their prime but matches up quite well with older posts made under Pride rules and modern threads that are either up and coming or slightly past it.
Today I also learned that the vaporiser I got myself for Christmas gets me just as high as the bong that I have just thrown in the bin.

I can think of 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17... other Prime threads that were better
Apart from that you left out 2, as was pointed out, you forgot that the definition of a prime number is that it has to be greater than 1.

Apart from that you left out 2, as was pointed out, you forgot that the definition of a prime number is that it has to be greater than 1.

OK OK I get it now, thanks. Merry Xmas. Way to kill a joke.

OK OK I get it now, thanks. Merry Xmas. Way to kill a joke.
I was just pointing it out as a friendly gesture. But if you want to blame me for killing the joke, I'd say that the joke is funnier if it's right.

I was just pointing it out as a friendly gesture. But if you want to blame me for killing the joke, I'd say that the joke is funnier if it's right.

Yes thanks for the friendly gesture. merry xmas to you.

There were some pretty good epic threads after the first Shogun/Forrest fight, and some pretty viscious threads debating scoring in the Hendo/Shogun, BJ/Fitch and Kaampmann/Sanchez fights

Look up the Sherdog Handbook for Trolling

Back