Best place for me to buy suits

Honestly a suit, regardless of the brand, looks best if you take the suit to a tailor and get it altered.

Never wear a suit right off the rack, they never look right that way.

Jos A Bank

They have great sale like buy 1 get 2 free and promos where you can trade in an old suit and get one 1/2 price.

Congrats TS!

I never seem to be amazed that people truly believe they are buying one and getting two free. In fact, you are buying 3 suits for what they are actually worth.

It's a marketing scheme to sell more suits.
latest

Alrighty, I'm in my senior year at college getting my finance degree so its about damn time i buy some suits, keep in mind im not looking to spend a massive amount on them, and also im rather slim, so i really like slim fit and modern fits, so what stores do you fellow sherdoggers recommend? Jos. A. Banks? Mens Warehouse? Jos. A. Banks has a deal right now where if you buy one, you get two free, but any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

LOKjT-1452206967-977-list_items-mall_chessking.jpg

Chess King. Get you a nice purple one. Not that I ever did this in the 90s.

serious answer is Brooks Brothers (a real one, not a fucking out shit bag thing one)
If you are in finance dress like it. I have a degree in finance and 1st suit was brooks brothers. fucking sweet.

Macy's is a disorganized mess. I go to century 21, got a Hugo boss for 450, a Calvin Klein for 125, and a clearance hillier for under 100. Cost 35 each to tailor pants

I like brooks brothers suits. I have a banana republic as well I use when I go to a wedding and it's raining. It is good as well

Would have suggested JAB, but I think they stopped offering their buy 1 get 3 franchise stores free offers. Brooks Brothers is the way to go. Kind of pricey for college, but they offer good bang for the buck

Get a suit from j crew factory. Cheap as hell and good quality for the price. The most important thing is to make sure the suit fits so get it tailored.

Get a suit from j crew factory. Cheap as hell and good quality for the price. The most important thing is to make sure the suit fits so get it tailored.

But having a suit be tailored should just be implied. No professional person worth a fuck is going to wear a suit that is not tailored. But for sure in the financial market you best get a good suit. yeah, it is going to be 800-1000 dollars, but you are basically going to be handling people's money. you want to appear successful.

If you are thin I'd check out scandinavian suits from Filippa K or J.Lindeberg. Love my J.Lindeberg, and you get it custom fitted. I have a couple of tailored suits and they are nice, but I really like the design of the Lindeberg. Hugo Boss is also, well, boss.

Mens Warehouse and Macys have specials where you can basically get a 3 piece suit for under $200. They look pretty good too. I'd go that route for now, especially if you're just interviewing. If your job calls for wearing suits every day, you can wait until you get a few paychecks under your belt before buying the more expensive ones.

Do some research (including knowing your size) and purchase it online. You can save a ton of money and get a very high quality suit at a fraction of the retail price. You can find many suits that retail for over $1000 at www.yoox.com for as low as a couple hundred dollars.

Alrighty, I'm in my senior year at college getting my finance degree so its about damn time i buy some suits, keep in mind im not looking to spend a massive amount on them, and also im rather slim, so i really like slim fit and modern fits, so what stores do you fellow sherdoggers recommend? Jos. A. Banks? Mens Warehouse? Jos. A. Banks has a deal right now where if you buy one, you get two free, but any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Best recommendation dress for the job you want, not the one you got. You buy a threefer cheap shit poly suit you are going to look like a fucking schlub. Spend the extra scratch, get five three piece, three jacks, three bottoms, and some nice shirts. Buy some nice ties, that dont shine or have that cheap shit look. As for the three three piece, make sure you buy with inside pattern and a tick bigger. Inevitably you will get thicker during the year. First job out of college it always happens. Id go one black, one dark grey pin, one light grey pin, one blue pin, one blue. You can then purchase a patterned blue jacket, black jacket, brown/ cocoa/ mocha jacket. Not shit brown dummy, nice mocha brown. ALL WOOL. Three really nice, slacks that fit with all three jackets. This way you can mix and match as the month goes on never wearing the same thing more than once ever two weeks. Shirts buy several white, several blue, a couple black, and some nice purple stripe, purple plain. ALL MATTE you lurch. The worst is seeing some fucking nob that you know has a clutch job and wears cheap suits. Shoes, belt, black, brown, and get some suede and some dress sneaks. Nordstrom Rack has some really nice suit stuff. Last two Ive purchased I get tons of love on both and they are from rack. Mens wearhouse always has a good selection of plain suits, blacks, greys, blues. When you go oversees get something fitted to you specifically, and at least three times in your life buy handmade, fully tailored everything.

Corporate vanity is lameass. A wealthy friend of mine wears whatever he wants (aka sleazy) but the amount of superficial judgement he gets from various financial institutions is funny and disturbing all at once. He does it for the kicks I think and for the difference in attitude from agents pre knowing and post knowing his various credit lines.

You can buy a cheap suit you'll wear for a year or two and look like shit.

Or you can buy a custom tailored one you will wear for 20 years.

I have bespoke suits and Prada shoes that are older than my girlfriends.

Those suits and boots cost 5 times more than a cheap set but I haven't had to buy 7 replacements. Plus they look the shit.

Back