1) SoCal?
2) Cali?
3) US?

What are your guys thoughts and opinions of the best muay thai gym in:

1) SoCal?
2) Cali?
3) US?

The Yard.

Joe Schilling trains there, but most importantly I go there and I'm the best in the world... so... you know... ;)

The Yard.

Joe Schilling trains there, but most importantly I go there and I'm the best in the world... so... you know... ;)

lol, i totally forgot all about his gym, boxingworks and seauo dao are supposed to be pretty good gyms as well for socal. I havent trained at either though. I know their coaches work with their students quite a bit though.

for cali i would guess csa

for the us, i am not sure who to pick

I follow Seauo Dao and CSA on IG. They regularly put up videos of training etc.

CSA gym is fucking HUGE. It also features trainers from around hte world, and puts on seminars constantly. It also has a pretty good stable of fighters, male and female, in MMA and Muay Thai / Kickboxing. Also has a Crossfit games presence, if that kind of stuff matters to you.

CSA is way too far

My coach only held pads for me twice before my last fight, not sure what im going to do for my next one.

Go on IG and look up #westcoatmuaythai

Most MT gyms in Cali are sponsored by them or own their products or are connected somehow. That should help you do some searching.

yeah I am located in the IE. I currently train out of millenia and evolution. thats pretty much it for the IE. Socal muay thai community is small, I am familiar with all the gyms you have mentioned. just wanted to see what others thought.

lol, i totally forgot all about his gym, boxingworks and seauo dao are supposed to be pretty good gyms as well for socal. I havent trained at either though. I know their coaches work with their students quite a bit though.

for cali i would guess csa

for the us, i am not sure who to pick

From what I've heard from a few people, CSA is a good gym for competitors, but not for anyone else. It sounds like they completely ignore people coming in just to train. And it's expensive. I haven't been myself, just heard from multiple people have.

From what I've heard from a few people, CSA is a good gym for competitors, but not for anyone else. It sounds like they completely ignore people coming in just to train. And it's expensive. I haven't been myself, just heard from multiple people have.

thats good as most gyms are the other way around, catered to the general public, which leaves fighters lacking in their training. People that come in just to train, can take a class or train themselves, or get a 1 on 1 session if they pay for it. Since they are not fighting, why would the coach waste 1 on 1 time with them?

IMO you either pay for 1 on 1 the easy way (with cash) or the hard way (fighting lol).

thats the biggest problem with muay thai, kickboxing, mma, it has gone so main stream.

You dont see freddy roach running cardio classes or working with random people just cause but somehow with muay thai it went from this:
muay-thai-spear.jpg

to this:
c244c8_963cfa7a63374639a3a8173743b99cd0~mv2.png_srz_256_384_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Heart & Pride with Kru Mickey in the Inland Empire (Ontario 909)

Sityodtong with Kru Walter in LA (Azusa 626)

i recommend Boxing Works for So Cali...hands down. Bryan is a GREAT trainer and their stable of fighters all have solid technique and skills...it's where i started my Muay Thai journey. been over 3 years since i trained there and i still miss that place a lot...

i recommend Boxing Works for So Cali...hands down. Bryan is a GREAT trainer and their stable of fighters all have solid technique and skills...it's where i started my Muay Thai journey. been over 3 years since i trained there and i still miss that place a lot...

i will be trying to go there ocoassioanlly but its far but i agree hes one of the top coaches out there for sure

Muay Thai School USA was good but I prefer the muay thai gym in Van Nuys simply because there was one instructor who was very excellent. Unfortunately I forgot his name, but he helped me a lot and even though he wasn't a Kru, he definitely had the potential of being one.

the socal muay thai community is very small. pretty sure your talking about kru neil, hes a cool guy. muay thai school usa is kru puk i believe.

Yeah, Kru Neil is very nice and a good instructor. He had an assistant who was very helpful, I just can't remember his name.

Im not sure where to post this so i appoligize for my ignorance.i just recently moved to san diego.im lookibg for muay thai gym that i can learn how to be a (great striker)/muay thai fighter.it seems all the gyms ive googled are geared toward fitness and i dont want to waste my time in a place like that. I have no experience in any martial arts but im ready and willing to do what id necesary to achieve my goals. Please poibt ne in the right direction if possible. Thank you.

Im not sure where to post this so i appoligize for my ignorance.i just recently moved to san diego.im lookibg for muay thai gym that i can learn how to be a (great striker)/muay thai fighter.it seems all the gyms ive googled are geared toward fitness and i dont want to waste my time in a place like that. I have no experience in any martial arts but im ready and willing to do what id necesary to achieve my goals. Please poibt ne in the right direction if possible. Thank you.

i think there is a place called academy of 8 limbs or something like that. I am not sure off the top of my head but my understanding is there are a few legit muay thai gyms down in san diego. maybe someone else can chime in

The Yard.

I love how the training schedule is there. You go whenever, warm up on your own or with whoever else showed up around the same time as you, then go on from there. No classes except kids class. Plus its cheaper than most gyms except Saekson and Wild Card Boxing.

SoCal: The Yard
NorCal: Havent been to many so I cant say.

I love how the training schedule is there. You go whenever, warm up on your own or with whoever else showed up around the same time as you, then go on from there. No classes except kids class. Plus its cheaper than most gyms except Saekson and Wild Card Boxing.

SoCal: The Yard
NorCal: Havent been to many so I cant say.

who are the coaches there? does Joe schilling coach? do you train with joe or with the coaches? I also heard of a coach names yoshi i believe, is he part of the yard or does he just use the facility? i was interested in checking them out maybe. specifically to work with this yoshi guy

Back