Best MMA gloves (Under 40 dollars)

Doh... The gloves are now up to $45 :(. I was going to snag another pair!

Cageside delivered fast (to give you an idea, Cageside took 4 days to ship and deliver from NC to AZ, but FightersMarket took ten days to ship from CA to AZ), and the gloves are quality material. The padding seems thin around the knuckle. The leather is quality, the coloring is full, and everything about the glove has a good feel to it. I just don't see these being sparring gloves, at least not this early on in my impressions.

did you get the next gen gloves? i got them in blue. anyway, i don't think they are meant for sparring with strikes. they are 4 oz. and approved for competition. i got them for drills so we are hitting very light and under control so the chances of really nailing your partner is low. if we were sparring on the ground including strikes i'd go with something like this --> Cageside MMA Safety Training Gloves * Black

of course, if we were only doing standup i'd wear a full training/boxing glove.

really nice gloves by the way. i just need them to loosen up in the pinky because right now they really dig and even cut off circulation a bit. the leather should soften up though.

Just remembered this thread and thought I'd throw out another option. I'm a bit surprised to be recommending Everlast anything (for MMA at least), but I would recommend these gloves.

5 oz. Leather MMA Gloves by Everlast-Combatsports.com

$20 with a $4.95 flat rate shipping offer from CSI with code "FLSH" (shipping code is only good through 11/25). My pair arrived today and they are very comfortable right out of the package. Obviously I haven't used them extensively, but based on my initial impression they have well exceeded my expectations. Available in six colors, they feature a Hayabusa style dual wrist strap, and I really like the strap across the palm.

I typically use Fairtex, but these are SO much more comfortable without a breaking in period. I may have just got lucky and got a good pair, but none of my fingers are uncomfortable in these gloves which I think is a first for me. I don't believe these have sold well as I've seen them marked down to below $40 at other sites (MMA Overload was one I believe). I'm a little annoyed with CSI currently, but I'm going to overlook that and recommend anyone in need of gloves jump on this sale.

did you get the next gen gloves? i got them in blue. anyway, i don't think they are meant for sparring with strikes. they are 4 oz. and approved for competition. i got them for drills so we are hitting very light and under control so the chances of really nailing your partner is low. if we were sparring on the ground including strikes i'd go with something like this --> Cageside MMA Safety Training Gloves * Black

of course, if we were only doing standup i'd wear a full training/boxing glove.

really nice gloves by the way. i just need them to loosen up in the pinky because right now they really dig and even cut off circulation a bit. the leather should soften up though.

Agreed on the hardness: the Cageside's are built for mitt work and competition. Regular sparring just seems too harsh. Maybe the break in, but they feel solid. Well built, great leather, solid stitching, schnazzy colors, just not the IMF MMA glove Aeries is.

Back