Best individual skills in the UFC.....

FTP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Who do you guys think have the best skills in the following disciplines in the UFC? I initially wanted to fill one in based on my own opinions but I found it really difficult so I thought I'd see what everyone else thinks...

Wrestling:
Boxing:
Cardio:
Jiu-Jitsu:
Stand-up:
Grappling:

GSP
Dos Santos
Velasquez
Magalhaes
Aldo or Silva
Weidman? Maybe GSP?

Who do you guys think have the best skills in the following disciplines in the UFC? I initially wanted to fill one in based on my own opinions but I found it really difficult so I thought I'd see what everyone else thinks...

Wrestling:
Boxing:
Cardio:
Jiu-Jitsu:
Stand-up:
Grappling:

Wrestling: GSP
Boxing: Alexander Gustafsson
Cardio: Nick Diaz
Stand-up: Anderson Silva
Jiu-Jitsu: Demian Maia
Grappling: GSP

Wrestling:GSP
Boxing:JDS
Cardio:Nick Diaz
Jiu-Jitsu:Maia
Stand-up:Silva

Boxing: JDS and AS
Cardio: after ufc on fox 5 Benson
Jiu-Jitsu: Maia
Stand-up:AS
Grappling: GSP and Weidmans seems amazing as well

Wrestling: Phil Davis
Boxing: Nick Diaz
Cardio: Bisping
Stand-up: Anderson
Grappling: Fitch

expecto patronum

nice call with fitch, but davis??? im not so sure. hes a better grappler than wrestler IMO.

Wrestling: Georges St Pierre
Boxing: Junior dos Santos
Cardio: Frankie Edgar
Jiu-Jitsu: Demian Maian
Grappling: Georges St Pierre

lol you are all delusional if you think that JDS has top boxing skills...

he is nowhere near top 10%

best goes to AS or Edgar

Boxing: JDS
Cardio: GSP
Grappling: Kim Dong Hyun

Wrestling:Sonnen
Boxing:JDS
Cardio:Edgar
Jiu-Jitsu:Maia
Stand-up:A.Silva

Wrestling: Frank Mir
Boxing: Jake Shields
Cardio: Cung Le
Jiu-Jitsu: Mark Hunt
Stand-up: Matt Hughes
Grappling: Mark Hunt

wrestling: Chael Sonnen
Boxing: Jr Dos
cardio: Ben henderson
jiu Jitsu: Vinny or Werdum
Stand up: Anderson
grappling: Jake Shields

best goes to AS or Edgar

I agree. In pure boxing? AS, Edgar, Evans, Bisping, Diaz brothers. JDS doesn't quite have the movement and defense.....he has good technique, speend, power, and a solid chin as a heavyweight to offset that though.

Wrestling: Chael Sonnen
Boxing: JDS
Cardio: Guida
Jiu jitsu: Maia
Stand up: A Silva

Maia is getting to much love here theres other guys in ufc today that have accomplished what maia has maia gives up a ton of space during his fights his jiu jitsu doesnt really translate over to mma well as vinny or werdum have in my opinion granted he did win his last fight by sub

Maia is getting to much love here theres other guys in ufc today that have accomplished what maia has maia gives up a ton of space during his fights his jiu jitsu doesnt really translate over to mma well as vinny or werdum have in my opinion granted he did win his last fight by sub

Maia has 50% of his fights as submission wins with his best being against Chael, Story, Jason Macdonald, and Ed Herman who are all very skilled on the ground. Werdum has close to 50% of his wins as subs with his best being the Emelienko brothers (sambo practitioners), and Overeem (kick boxer w/ decent ground). Then you have Vinny with over 50% of his wins being subs w/most notable over Mike Nickels (as he's the best bjj guy he's faced in MMA). You can argue about Maia vs Werdum but I wouldn't say Maia gets "too much love " for his jitz in and out of MMA cause it's well deserved.

best goes to AS or Edgar

The guy who almost got KO'd twice by Gray Maynard may be your best boxer? Okay, every one is entitled to their opinion.

I agree. In pure boxing? AS, Edgar, Evans, Bisping, Diaz brothers. JDS doesn't quite have the movement and defense.....he has good technique, speend, power, and a solid chin as a heavyweight to offset that though.

?? JDS is all about the movement.. Footwork, in and out, angles, different combinations, body, head. He may have not the head movement of Anderson Silva or Jose Aldo, but his offensive (boxing only) varied attacks are much better than the other two.

Silva is great everywhere, but he fights smart and usually kicks the shit out of guys with good hands, like Belfort. Silva would probably outbox him but chooses not to.

Bisping is a good boxer, Diaz bros are great boxers, but their value goes down because they don't have so much fist power. Even a John Dodson can and will KO more fighters than these guys... And i don't need to place a H-bomb gif here, do i?

Rashad's striking defense has been exploited by Machida and Jones too, i don't think Rashad is a top 20 boxer in the UFC, a lot of the lighter guys have much crispier stand-up technique....

Just my opinion anyway, take care

Back