Best Grapling?

tommboy

White Belt
Reaction score
What would you guys say is the best grappling art for street fighting/MMA ?? I am just assuming BJJ correct me if im wrong

ohh jeeez I thought BJJ was dominateing in MMA grappling wise....

killer_kicks88 said:
dude, he was joking about savate
At least I hope so.

I suggest the thread starter tries the search function. There has been a raft of threads on which art is better, arguments can be made for bjj, sombo and judo. Look around try any local schools you have and make your own mind up.

yea dude I was joking. savate is what ernesto hoost does in k1. it sad that u cant even joke around anymore. anyways i wud prolly think judo wud be the best for the street. good take downs and very explosive with submissions. U dont need to really be powerfull to defend urself. bjj is good too however I dont think their take downs are as good as judo. on the street take downs are vital. and a mini slam on the street equals lights out for sum guard players taking their time trying to omoplata a guy trying 2 kill u

is judo all takedowns and grappling??? will my strength coincide with that really well???

there are stricking (Atemi waza) in judo, but i don't think most club teaches it.

"will my strength coincide with that really well?"

More so then BJJ i think.

Hammer Time said:
yea dude I was joking. savate is what ernesto hoost does in k1. it sad that u cant even joke around anymore. anyways i wud prolly think judo wud be the best for the street. good take downs and very explosive with submissions. U dont need to really be powerfull to defend urself. bjj is good too however I dont think their take downs are as good as judo. on the street take downs are vital. and a mini slam on the street equals lights out for sum guard players taking their time trying to omoplata a guy trying 2 kill u
i know that Ernesto hoost is a former savateur, but I'm pretty suer he's converted to MT/kickboxing these days, besides to do Savate you are really supposed to wear shoes.

I would say basic wrestling. If you know how to bring someone down you can just GnP them. However, someone may be more experienced than you & you need the knowledge of being stuck on your back that BJJ offers. I guess the answer would be CSW which I believe is a mix.

yea I doubt there are ANY CSW places here in syracuse or buffalo..... :(

CSW/Catch, because it covers it all: submissions, takedowns, control, etc.

tinker_190 said:
CSW/Catch, because it covers it all: submissions, takedowns, control, etc.

Is catch wrestling the same?

I know f'all about wrestling. I read many different styles.

Back