Best Grapling?

Combat submission wrestling.
Is the most fun to watch but bjj has produced the best grapplers.. so says the abu dhabi.

Wow, this is one of the whitest white belt threads ever. This is so white, it burns to look at.

But also, don't be rigid with styles. As cliche and Bruce Lee as this sounds, absorb what works and discard what is useless. Freestyle Wrestling has good takedown defense, BJJ is good for submissions, working off your back, technique, and going with the flow. Sub Wrestling teaches to be agressive, and use your weight well. Greco Roman Wrestling Makes you learn to controll better, and your take downs will improve. Find what works, and use that. I hope this helps.

SAMBO

sambo has many, wrestling takedown( pretty much all of them because it was first folk wrestling),some judo throws( many adapted to no-gi) many submissions.

i dont think anything can compare to that.. bjj is a close second..

judo sucks plain and simple. 99.999% of people need the gi to be successful, judo grips are all for gi, and it have very few submissions.

bjj teaches you to feel good on your back, and it is a place of "saftey"( except marc laimon)
for GNP it is not effective( example big nog vs fedor)

wrestling is the best for takedowns but have almost not submissions.

debate all you want.. but it is true.

I will say BJJ is the best, but than again I haven't tried the others. On the ground Judo guys can't compare with good BJJ guys. Though their throws are good. There are many BJJ schools which will wrestle, so that will help you get the guy to the ground. We know better than to pull guard, but I bet it can work on the street. We try to take the guy down and end up on top, but we are prepared to be on our backs, and are comfortable with fighting on our backs.

Originally Posted by killer_kicks88
dude, he was joking about savate
It wasn't funny.

I'd say BJJ, even if it's a little too guard based sometimes. BJJ AND Judo if possible.

Back