Best Foreigners in Muay Thai

But did "dutch kickboxing" even exist when Dekkers started fighting? I thought they called it "Thaiboxen" or something back then?

"Dutch Kickboxing" is a term used rather recently and mostly in other countries and by fans to describe the Dutch method. For them it was Thaiboksen and Kickboksen.

On youtube, instagram etc even saying Dekkers isn't the GOAT of Muay Thai is unpopular <45>

But did "dutch kickboxing" even exist when Dekkers started fighting? I thought they called it "Thaiboxen" or something back then?

You can call it "dutch kickboxing" like most people do or "pink elephant skateboarding" for all I care - it refers to the kickboxing style prevalent in Holland. But I am sure you know perfectly well what I am referring to and it is not muay thai.

You can call it "dutch kickboxing" like most people do or "pink elephant skateboarding" for all I care - it refers to the kickboxing style prevalent in Holland. But I am sure you know perfectly well what I am referring to and it is not muay thai.
He doesn't have traditional Muay Thai technique but that's a different issue. He trained with Yodtong Senan. They adapted his style so that it'd work in the stadiums.

Just "dutch style" would be more a more correct terminology since dutch kickboxing was not a thing back then. To me, kickboxing (japanese and dutch) back then are closer to Muay Thai than to K-1 style kickboxing.

Just "dutch style" would be more a more correct terminology since dutch kickboxing was not a thing back then. To me, kickboxing (japanese and dutch) back then are closer to Muay Thai than to K-1 style kickboxing.

To add to that, originally that style of training and fighting was basically created by coaches with a Kyokushin background and a Japanese Kickboxing background who then took a lot from Muay Thai. So at the beginning it was essentially Muay Thai trained in the West with some Kyokushin + Japanese Kickboxing training methods and techniques thrown in the mix. For instance the hard sparring they usually did was the way the sparring was in Kyokushin, as opposed to light sparring like in Thailand. The longer combos also were more of a Kyokushin thing than a Muay Thai thing. It's like the Dutch style had its own flavour of Muay Thai from having other influences in the mix.

Later on when K-1 became a thing in the 90's, then those trainers and gyms adapted their style of training to be more geared towards K-1 Kickboxing, as opposed to Muay Thai.

Not a single Romanian fighter in the top20 rankings of any weight class in Muay Thai.
Romania does not do Muay Thai. MT is a different sport. MT is for Thailand and the region.

The Frenchies do Muay Thai because they lack kickboxing promotions, they don"t have a real circuit.

Besides a D fighter aka Alex Bublea, I think the last Romanian who entered a Thai stadium was Daniel Ghiță. And before his cousin Ciprian Sora, multiple time world champion. Sebastian Cozmâncă was training some years ago in Thailand, but he only participated in championships winning a WMF European Championship gold.

Last edited:
With 0 personal insults just ranking tables and sources. Nothing more.

The discussion was not about Romania, the discussion was about the best foreigners in Muay Thai.

And I did not flood this thread, I just completed Tayski.

Bro, you are drunk, you said it. Take a nap, you are off topic and I am not going to read your comments or to get hate because of something you have developed and not myself! And the former discussion was about kickboxing, not about MMA or Muaythai, we talked about how to learn boxing skills differently, from where to get the coaches. Ciao!

+ don't hope, I will post pro boxing orgs ranking tables and lists not only there.

If for guy like you Baltics does have only one boxer Briedis guy. Or did had.
Cos you do not know their heritage.................

Not a single Romanian fighter in the top20 rankings of any weight class in Muay Thai.

Romania does not do Muay Thai. MT is a different sport. MT is for Thailand and the region.

The Frenchies do Muay Thai because they lack kickboxing promotions, they don"t have a real circuit.

Sounds like excuses to me.

If someone thinks that Asian market is low : there is South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, large cities in China, Singapore plus ofc Bangkok and Thailand, Malaisia etc..............

Properly served Asia's market is not less worth than US market or EU/EEZ market.

Sounds like excuses to me.
Europeans fighting in Muay Thai with local kickboxing circuit are rare.

First of all I don"t even know the Muay Thai purses. Secondly, even if there are some good purses, maybe they rely more on the local Thai fighters. Thirdly, you have to leave your family in order to train in Thailand. Finally, nothing guarantees success in MT stadiums.

If you want a professional background and to own also a family, wife and kids, it is impossible...

Adegbuyi, Stoica brothers, Paraschiv and others, all are married since their 20s, with many children already! Before the older generations were different.

Times changed, not sure what is in Asia, but in Europe in kickboxing the kickboxers are far from the UFC badasses (the US and Brazil). Only in the Netherlands is so-so, because many are immigrants. But a good example of a professional fighter with brain is Rico Verhoeven. He could have been easily a different athlete.

Properly served Asia's market is not less worth than US market or EU/EEZ market.
The Asian market is huge like you siad, and maybe because of China would not count less. But notice that part of Asia is even under the EU, and that the PPV system is only in the America. Could also work in Britain and that"s all (just boxing).

Probably it would easily overtake the US, because of the population.

U.K/IRL might done not bad also with MMA.............
Fact that ppvs is not well developed might be corrected because paid broadcasting channels, ppvs to develop for Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea = technically not that hard.

Maybe MMA is banned in Singapore?

UK/Ireland would have chances in MMA but there is much discrepancy currently. Not like UFC and boxing in the US.

Doesn't much matters. paid channels usage might be sold, ppvs too I think.
The same Japan is 3 rd largest economy in the world, approx 127 mil inhabitants + South Korea by different sources and years is floating from top 11 th till top 15 th economy in the World, approx 51,7 mil inhabitants........ Other asian market too is really large volume even without this.
Hong Kong = approx 35 th largest economy in the World, approx estimate ~ 7, 5 mil inhabitants.
Singapore = in TOP 10 for gdp per capita , approx estimate 5,5 mil inhabitants.
----
These alone, ofc modern times to sell ppvs, broadcasting rights to paid channels there looks really huge market plus these mentioned are just part from asian market.
tehcnically advanced to mainatain fast internet, paid channels, ppv businesses ...........

Last edited:
Back