Best fighters who usually lose decisions

Something I thought about recently when thinking about Shogun since coming to UFC. (Hendo, Machida, Gutsy) Who are some of the best fighters that are not good at winning decisions? You can define that however you want. It can be at a point in their career or overall. Your choice. Just a general question, nothing to serious.

'nother one, Carlos Condit, who despite being a finisher, lost decisions to GSP, Kampmann, and arguably Diaz, not to mention was losing to Rory prior to the KO, only other decision win was a split against Ellenberger.

Lil Nog is not great at winning decisions under the Unified Rules. But he's still an elite fighter with a lot to offer under different judging criteria.

Guy Mezger got screwed on a lot of close fights in Pride...Sak/Shoji/Arona...

All he had to do was fight a 2nd round against Saku. He seemed willing to do that, but Ken Shamrock did not allow it.
Ken said the fight was agreed to only be one round. Pride officials say otherwise.

Something I thought about recently when thinking about Shogun since coming to UFC. (Hendo, Machida, Gutsy) Who are some of the best fighters that are not good at winning decisions? You can define that however you want. It can be at a point in their career or overall. Your choice. Just a general question, nothing to serious.

'nother one, Carlos Condit, who despite being a finisher, lost decisions to GSP, Kampmann, and arguably Diaz, not to mention was losing to Rory prior to the KO, only other decision win was a split against Ellenberger.

Shogun could win decision's if he doesn't wear himself out in the first two rounds.

How did Condit lose a decision to Diaz when he won the decision?

Vitor springs to my mind, you don't ever really expect him to win by decision now do you?

has lost decisions to many of the greats:
Sakuraba
Chuck
Hendo
Overeem
Tito

First one to come to mind would be Kampmann.

The two losses he has by decision, he should have won both.

I think a couple of Pierce's dec. losses could have gone either way (note: all of his losses are by dec.).

Diaz bros usually lose the decision. They have to finish to win.
It would be cool that if a fight went to a decision it is considered a draw, that way guys have to go 100% to win, instead of playing it safe.

Guy Mezger got screwed on a lot of close fights in Pride...Sak/Shoji/Arona...

Yeah, he was in some close fights as well against guys who are legends now. He got finsihed in some of those, but he was usually, if not winning to that point, at least keeping it close. Like the fights with Bas, Chuck, Wand and Rogerio on top of what you listed. The Shoji fight being the worst.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back