Best fighters that came from South California?

Dominick Reyes is from shitty Victorville. But he hasn't done so well after beating Jones;)

Off the top of my head:

Luke Rockhold
Tony Ferguson
Tito Ortiz
Beneil Dariush
Frank Shamrock

Does Tony count?
Born in Cali but raised in Michigan competed in high school and collegiate level in Michigan

USA_Cub-Swanson.jpg
Don’t think he’s southern Cali bro

Don’t think he’s southern Cali bro

You might be right Bro.

Strictly going by the ink from way back in WEC days. I know he has been at Jack/Wink and more recently other high altitude locations... Just sort of assumed that is where he originated.

You might be right Bro.

Strictly going by the ink from way back in WEC days. I know he has been at Jack/Wink and more recently other high altitude locations... Just sort of assumed that is where he originated.
Nah you’re way off I’m pretty sure he was born and raised in Nebraska

Giblert Melendez was born in Santa Ana

Rampage who trained out of no limits gym from Team Oyama in Irvine CA. Rampage was actually UFC champ at one time. i went to a bjj tourney at Rampage's gym and actually saw him there waiting in line to buy a Powerade drink from one of the vendors that day.

Last edited:
Reactions: MCS
Seeing how you have guys like khabib come from difficult countries or places, it made me wonder if there are great fighters that come from paradise?
Jeff Rodriguez comes to mind.

I've lived in socal almost all my life. You're not wrong, but I think you should remember that it's a large, diverse place. There's everything you can imagine. So paradise? Sure, some parts. Shit holes? Absolutely.

Of course you could say the same thing about most any large, metropolitan area.
Can u build a snowman in socal?

Chuck and Tito probably the biggest names. Then you have guys like Cub, Karo, and Shane Del Rosario that have done and did really well in combat sports. Also Tank lol

Back