Best excercise to lose love handles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockChalkKU

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am pretty happy with everywhere else on my body but even with intense cardio am having a tough time getting rid of these love handles. Any help on excercises I should do to help it along?

Comfy seat - Check!

Bag of popcorn - Check!

Gentlemen, in your own time, carry on...:icon_twis

I like to grab those when I'm working it, don't lose them.

Running or a bodybuilding style weight routine if you want to focus on aesthetics.

This is the wrong forum though and your going to get flamed.

Just call the hate handles, then they're cool.

Work the glutes. Once you have a big enough booty, no one will notice a little extra muffin top.

You should post a picture so we can get a better idea what you're working with.

to get stronger love handles you will need to focus on your diet and a lot of core strength work. try flutter kicks and dumbbell side bends. doing a lot of lower back strength training will also help to increase your oblique strength. try back extensions to strengthen your lower back muscles.

what does your husband think of you getting rid of them?

Just call the hate handles, then they're cool.

I enjoyed these the most.

Also I find it comical that when I opened the forum this thread was directly below the "oh so spot training doesn't work, huh?" thread.

TS, what you're talking about is called spot training/reduction. It is by and large a myth still hanging around from the same era as "don't eat fat or you'll get fat!" and Jazzercise and such.

How you look in relation to your BF% is very much an individual thing.
For instance I'm relatively lean but carry some fat around my low back. That's just how it is. It's not like I can go do 1,000,000 back raises and it will go away.

If you want to change your body's composition, by which I mean your BF% compared to your lean muscle mass, adopt yourself a quality training program and get your diet locked on.

Lots of sit ups, but not the full rom, only the part where you feel the muscle under the love handles.

It is by and large a myth still hanging around from the same era as "don't eat fat or you'll get fat!" and Jazzercise and such.

I hope you're not implying that Jazzercise is a myth. Because if it was, how could you explain this?

1508764_o.gif

Not to mention this?

jazzercise.gif

Shrugs. I recommend rear shrugs for fat loss.

TS, ignore these damn trolls. This is the exercise you are looking for.

osbmdi.jpg

Less carbs in your diet combined with FAQ reading, quality lifting, and quality cardio. My preference is 531 or 5x5 for lifting and alternating treadmill work with Bas Rutten bagwork for cardio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back