Best examples of Sportsmanship in MMA?

King of Fists

Mobile
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Every once in awhile, MMA fighters show true sportsmanship in fights. I'm not talking about the bro hugs and high fives at the end of rounds, but actual moments where humanity takes higher precedence than fight results. Some of the better examples imo:

-Stann stopping his beating on Sakara way before the ref jumped in.

-Hunt with his walk off KOs and not doing the Hendo follow up GNP on a koed fighter.

-Cormier pulling his punches vs short notice Anderson Silva.

-RDA injuring his own foot and pulling out of the McGregor fight to avoid destroying the UFC's cash cow (and the bad publicity that would come from a popular fighter like McGregor being the first man killed in the octagon).

Are there any examples of MMA sportsmanship that top these?

Genki Sudo and his flag

There is a clip somewhere of a fighter winning via triangle. His opponent goes unconscious. He picks up the mouthpiece and walks it over to his opponents corner and returns it. He never celebrates or taunts the opponent

z7p51mm.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Haters gonna hate. Ronda Bless.

I just noticed the sarcasm in your last two examples

Hendo follow up GNP on a koed fighter......ohh wait, did i got this wrong?

^^^^^^^^ @kflo beat me to it

When Robbie lawler straightened out his opponents legs (lindland? ) after the KO

Edit2: but I beat @NoneChuck !!!

Edit 3: but they both had gifs ...sad face

^^both these mfs beat me to it lol^^

When Lawler put woogie's legs in position after he ko'd him

robbie.gif

-Rumble putting the belt on DC

-Tyron giving Kelvin's %25 back to him

I'd rather see the best dirty shots in MMA!
Henderson_vs_Bisping.gif

Every once in awhile, MMA fighters show true sportsmanship in fights. I'm not talking about the bro hugs and high fives at the end of rounds, but actual moments where humanity takes higher precedence than fight results. Some of the better examples imo:

-Stann stopping his beating on Sakara way before the ref jumped in.

-Hunt with his walk off KOs and not doing the Hendo follow up GNP on a koed fighter.

-Cormier pulling his punches vs short notice Anderson Silva.

-RDA injuring his own foot and pulling out of the McGregor fight to avoid destroying the UFC's cash cow (and the bad publicity that would come from a popular fighter like McGregor being the first man killed in the octagon).

Are there any examples of MMA sportsmanship that top these?

When Holly put Ronda into a retirement home...which incidentally is connected to a McDonalds.

Cormier lay'n'praying is not good sportmanship

z7p51mm.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Haters gonna hate. Ronda Bless.

Lol that second pic is so stupid.... Who stands up and lingers like that waiting for opponent to show a gesture?

Its almost like she was trying super hard to make Ronda look bad....

I absolutely hate Ronda but this one was on Tate. So annoying and obvious

When Nate the great dropped Maia and didn't follow up with punches because he knew it was over

Also here''s some great sportshinship
holm-kicks-rousey-large.png

And some sportwomanship:
2E758CCD00000578-0-image-a-20_1448247933112.jpg

"Omg I didn't mean to remove your teeth"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back