Best defense to chin ratio (Glass chins with good defense).

Luke also dropped him with a check hook
rockhold-check-hooks-machida.gif

Pretty sure he didn't hit him, but wrapped his hook around his head, while Machida stumbled over Rockhold's foot and leg.
Or maybe partially hit him, but only to the back of the head, which doesn't count for glass chin.

Hard to say, having bad defense is one of the best ways to end up with a bad chin.

Overeem and Arlovski both developed sound defense to offset their glass chins. Its' actually pretty remarkable.

Overeem and Arlovski both developed sound defense to offset their glass chins. Its' actually pretty remarkable.
Props to Cheick Kongo too.

Dude adapted his style to not get hurt and managed to stay relevant at 46 years old. He left the UFC after being knocked out twice in 3 fights more than 8 years ago.

Strangely I can't think of any. Arlovski and Overeem hid their glass chin with their heavy offense. I wouldn't consider either guy defensive masters
I would argue that both of them put tons of extra effort into slowing down and defending more in the last 5-10 years.

Consider this: is there a better explanation for the revival Arlovski had 7 so years ago - after he dropped a bunch (outside the UFC) and we all thought his career was dead - than his new focus on defense?

No, it's known. He has a granite chin. He ate some serious shots from Justin and barely flinched.
micheal johnson almost ko'd khabib
but the truth is.. he hasnt gotten hit enough

Probably Karate type fighters (Machida, WB, GSP).

They favor avoiding getting touched up, but when they do get tagged they get dropped and sometimes even finished. Even when they are winning fights (WB vs Pettis/Till, GSP vs Serra/Hendricks)

Does rumble ever get hit on the feet?
Can’t remember him taking many punches on the feet.

Rich Franklin. Dude got wobbled by almost every single glancing blow he ever took, but didn't start getting KO'd until late in his career.

I wouldn't say GSP was chinny but his defense in protecting his chin particularly when hurt was fantastic. A lesser man would have been put away by Penn, Hendricks, and Condit.

Back