Best defense to chin ratio (Glass chins with good defense).

I have a suspicion that it's Khabib. Not to say he has a glass chin, it's an unknown I suppose, because I don't recall him ever taking a clean power punch. His defense is top notch. Show me gifs if I'm wrong.

Obvious answer should be Reem.
You don't get up to a TS with chin like his if you don't master both defense and offense (precision).

hi-res-3ea3ffbb85a9ba95968d5e16162cde8c_crop_north.jpg

I have a suspicion that it's Khabib. Not to say he has a glass chin, it's an unknown I suppose, because I don't recall him ever taking a clean power punch. His defense is top notch. Show me gifs if I'm wrong.

Uh??? He got hit flush some times and just ate it, I think his chin is rock solid. He gets hit very little though.

I think Makachev at LW has already shown he can get KO'd but rarely gets hit.

Most notable example is GSP I'd say.

No, it's known. He has a granite chin. He ate some serious shots from Justin and barely flinched.
connor caught him flush in their fight as well...

Machida. Favourite fighter. Not saying his chin is terrible but if you catch him flush he can be finished pretty quickly thereafter, it just hasn’t happened very often at all because his technical defence is pretty godamn good. I can’t think of many fights at all where he took a plethora of shots to the head outside of the very few he was finished in - Shogun, Romero. Non finishes - Weidman maybe. Shogun 1 was mainly leg kicks. Rampage and Davis didn’t do much. Rockhold he was ragdolled on the ground.

Last edited:
Maybe Whittaker. Not sure he has a glass chin but it's a little sus. He has really cleaned up his defense since getting flatlined by Izzy. Used to be a bit of a brawler but last fight versus Gastelum he was moving like Wonderboy and also had his hands up at the right times. Very hard to hit nowadays.

No, it's known. He has a granite chin. He ate some serious shots from Justin and barely flinched.

Uh??? He got hit flush some times and just ate it, I think his chin is rock solid. He gets hit very little though.

I don't recall him taking big shots. Gifs?

EcoReem
Machida
Rockhold (Every loss he gets hit flush he gets KO) times he wins he avoids getting hit
Arlovski

Strangely I can't think of any. Arlovski and Overeem hid their glass chin with their heavy offense. I wouldn't consider either guy defensive masters

Fair point. Then Machida is the answer

Ubereem was slightly more defensive but I swear to God the giant trap and neck muscles helped him absorb blows better. Also he had massive arms he used to cover up then move in and clinch. Even then he was an offensive force as was Arlovski. Better to hit first then to risk being hit.

Brandon Vera, it was hard to land flush on him, he was fast and hard to connect on, but 1 shot that connects he would just wilt

I’m in agreement that Islam would be high on my list of active UFC fighters, the Reem is also an obvious answer.

I’m going to add WonderBoy, while I don’t think he has a glass chin, he did get KO’d by a Superman punch...
<36>

Back