Best Boxing gloves

PounDDer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am going to start some boxing soon. I just need to know what good pair of gloves I should get for beating around a bag....

I am considering a pair of fairtex, but are there any other good brands?

muaythaifolife said:
Fairtex are good but not great. They are more than enough quality if you're just starting out.

But best...

http://winning-usa.com/products.html

By far! Reyes gloves are really good as well

What makes these gloves so good? For $250, bagwork better have a happy ending.

Madmick said:
What makes these gloves so good? For $250, bagwork better have a happy ending.

They mold to your hands and you never feel a thing on your knuckles, feels like you've got pillows on your hands but you still get the same pop as a regular glove. Honestly almost every professional boxer/kickboxer Ive talked to, have said If you could afford it... buy Winning.

I have the headgear and it also molds to your face, Its so light that its seriously the best thing next to no headgear.

My friend has the handpads(which also mold to your hands) and everytime I use them, my hands/wrists dont get as sore, even after holding pads for 3-4 guys 7-10 rounds each. I have the Ringside angled pad, which are also good but not nearly as plush.

Anyhows honestly, If I could buy all my equipment over again, I would buy all Winning Products, Im seriously sold on the stuff.

These will be out around Sept 8th. The company that makes them for us makes them for some major brands and they range from $65-85+. We will be at under $55 and they are full leather.
mtSSF1.jpg

www.SSFgear.com

no offense SSf but they look like kos which could be bought for 30 bucks. Thats still a good price though for gloves. I just bought some aries gloves and i'll post a review later on them.

SSF said:
These will be out around Sept 8th. The company that makes them for us makes them for some major brands and they range from $65-85+. We will be at under $55 and they are full leather.
mtSSF1.jpg

www.SSFgear.com

Nice looking gloves SSF , good job . Ours is also on the way , will post a pic soon along with our VT protection gear.

Anyone know what the best bag hitting glove is in MMA style? I have a pair of Pride gloves from the Pride website but they are not good for hitting the bag at all and I have a pair of century gloves which are starting to wear after about 3 or so years but were perfect for hitting that bag. I am wondering what would be best, something with good wrist support and enough padding for the knuckles so you can really BANG. Something that isnt lace up and has an open palm. Thanks.

Even those these aren't specific MMA gloves, can anyone atest to if these are good for hitting the heavy bag?

http://www.fairtexgear.com/html_documents/gear/gear_item.asp?p_id=220

Back