Best BJJ Video ever!!

Lots of nice stuff in there

I think why this video is good (without sounding to poetic) Vinicius captures the essence and simplicity of bjj. He makes his technique look easy. If you watch carefully, there really doesn't seem to be any wasted movement. His hands, arms, legs, and head seem to be in the perfect position to apply the technique. Now I think in about 10 more years I'll look like that. If it's not to late for Al bundy it's not to late for me!

the takedowns and guard passes are awesome and very beneficial bc of the way it's presented. thanks for posting

How is the book in regards to pictures? Does it have a picture for each step of each move, or is it just like an appendix to the video, where it tells you the steps in the text and you read them as you watch the video?

the book is awesome and goes hand in hand with the cd. It is very detailed in descriptions and even has a '''tip" section that highlights and gives tips on how to do the move better.

He is crazy with those lapel chokes, luckily the last few times I have rolled with him it has been no gi so I was able to squirm about a bit more, but still, his grip is death.

Check out the book/DVD combo by Baret Yoshida from the same publisher. It's awesome.

I've never actually watched that whole video but it was awesome! I'm definitely going to begin using much more lapel chokes from every position, not just guard and mount.

On a side note, isn't the "magic" grip illegal in competition anyway? i thought you can't put your fingers inside your opponents gi or pants?

Thought so too, but according to a competitor who just won the Mundials (at blue) it is not. Apparently the rule applies only to the sleeves and the pant legs.

Cheers

Back