Best BJJ kimono

colinm said:
i'll have to second gsoares2 - i love my gameness platinum weave. its an excellent competition gi b/c its really form-fitting, much more than any gi i've ever worn. the weave is different than any other gi on the market and its really soft and comfortable despite being pretty heavy and durable ( i hate a lot of double weaves because they are like a cheese grater on your skin).

i like my dragao too, its got the best cut of all my gi's but i just don't like the thin collar. thats the only problem i have with it.

i have an atama double weave that i don't like because, again, i find the weave uncomfortable. that doesnt mean its not a good gi, its just not for me.

my lutador americano gold weave is waiting under the christmas tree...can't wait!

if you're a noob you might want to cheap it out and get a no name judo gi tho...most people don't stick with it so there's no use dropping 125-150 on a gi. but you'd know more about your commitment than me. you generally get what you pay for.

I'll second the Gameness Platinum weave option. I got one from SSF gear when they ran out of Ouanos (typically excellent customer service from them, btw). At first, I had a hard time getting used to it (I'd only worn single weaves before).

Now that it is broken in a little bit, I love it. A can't-miss gi, if you ask me.

I have a HCK single as my second gi. They are solid gis with a great price point, especially for a backup or second (or third) gi, IMO.

if you want a gi that will never wear.. buy a torah... my torah can stop bullets...

im very happy with my atama gold weave. very simple, very strong, very light.
I dont know how it compares to others...but I would definitely buy another one versus trying out a different gi.

blanko said:
if you want a gi that will never wear.. buy a torah... my torah can stop bullets...

I actually was very interested in Torah gis. I heard good things, (and like the name) but I had trouble finding them.. All I found was one site and they did not let me go to the order option. This is definetly another Gi I am interested in and would like to hear more about.. any info on where to order or how it fits would be helpful. thanks for the insight.

sproggdawg said:
Doesnt look like it, just the red and white MKM. No worries though, I wont snatch the white out from under you:icon_chee .

Much appreciated brother.

My next gi purchase will be an atama. I gotta test if Atama or Koral will hold crown for TEH BEZT

You won't find a better deal than the unbleached HCK. You won't find a better gi for $50.

I believe I just found a site for the Torahs.. Whats the difference between the one-piece advanced and pro advanced? The stiching in the back I guess? One is just one piece and the other isnt? why would people get the other, do some perfer two piece stich in the back? I have an Atama thats stiched in the back, never noticed a problem.. just curious as to why they'd have both? The one piece has the patch too? Is one a thicker weave?

And how to choose size with not pre shrunk gi? I'm 6'1 170

http://www.jiujitsushop.com/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=82c8a291916f969b0353b76bdca8ee21

Sorry for the persistance.. just want to get as much input in before I place the order.. Always appreciative of help.

I ordered an Atama gold weave despite being a newb (although when you are shipping internationally you might as well get one of the better gi's because the cost of shipping is almost as much as the cheapest HCK gi). They were the only company that came highly recommended that carried a gi that they assured me would fit me (turned out it was not even their biggest size). I am 6'5" 275lbs they assured me there A5 would fit me just fine. The mundial does not have that seem on the back someone was complaining about, its quite breathable (good for hot weather), but I have not had it long enough to vouch for how long they last.
I highly recommend Atamas for giant's like myself. It is so much nicer than the generic Judo gi I bought a while back.

kid dynamite said:
wow am i the only one who likes the M Kimonos?

I just have no experience with them.. Where are they available at.. what do you like about them? Thanks for all your insight, just havent heard much of them or where to order.

Does anyone here have any experiance with the ISAMI brand of jiu-jitsu gi?

I asked around today and couldnt find anyone who has bleached their Koral before. However my girlfriend brought up the point that you could use a bleach pen on any stains you may get on the gi. Im going to do this to my gi in a couple of days, let me know if you want the results.

I ordered Vulvan (black) two days a go. I like the fact that they are light. My previous gi was a Judo gi and it was a heavy piece of shit.

sproggdawg said:
I asked around today and couldnt find anyone who has bleached their Koral before. However my girlfriend brought up the point that you could use a bleach pen on any stains you may get on the gi. Im going to do this to my gi in a couple of days, let me know if you want the results.

That is a good idea.. Probably better for the life of the Gi as well. If you remember, let me know how it works.. Now just to decide on which Gi.. The Ebay one is goin up.. was bound to happen..

Have it sort of down to..

Torah
Kagi
Sirius
Koral
M (Lutador Americano)
ect.

Just have to pick one for sure.. This is the only kind of shopping I kind of enjoy.. Just wish I could try them out or at least feel the fabric first.

Again, for the record, I very much enjoy my Atama double weave, but just want a little variety.

I have been through two Atamas, but I am going to try a Mizuno next probably..

my next gi will be a judo adidas gi that ill use for competition, i was partnered up with this one guy who had it and i COULD not grip that thing on the collars. It was like solid-stiff and i think kindof cheap too

M Kimonos are Very Very comfortable, with a good collar that isn't too stiff like a HCK. It also doesn't tend to open up all the time like the atamas. the fabric is great but the pants CAN use a little more work. (older edition pants were the greatest).

and about Isami, i hear they are good but its in japan only, you can get one shipped here for $54.

HCK gis are good, but i hate the collars. even when rolling with someone with an HCK, my hands hurt after gripping them, its just made way too thick and stiff

Back