Best ALL FIRST TEAM in NBA History

Hanz_Blitz

BJJ all day
Banned
Reaction score
So this thread is riding a little bit of presumption in that Lebron is considered a point guard this year and that this years all first will be Bron, Harden, Kawhi, Freak, AD.

This got me thinking, is this the GOAT of First teams and if not what is. Going back to the 70’s I appreciated the 2003 & 1988 lineups! These were the best two with this years rounding out the best three imo

1988:
Magic
MJ
Bird
Barkley
Olajuwon

2003:
Kobe
T-Mac
Garnett
Timmy
Shaq

let’s hear your thoughts here?!?

My number one would be 2003

2003 because they played real teams throughout the season, not part timers and real estate agents

magic > kobe
Mj > tmac
Bird > Garnett
Barkley < Timmy
Olajuwan <-> shaq in those years

magic > kobe
Mj > tmac
Bird > Garnett
Barkley < Timmy
Olajuwan <-> shaq in those years

I think more like this
Magic > TMac
MJ Kobe is so close to a wash
KG in 03 is better than Bird in 88
Timmy owns Barkley
Shaq Hakeem is close to a wash but I lean towards Hakeem in 88 over Shaq in 03

biggest advantages here are KG over Bird and Tim over Charlie bud

I think more like this
Magic > TMac
Timmy owns Barkley

MJ vs Kobe is not close. MJ whoops Kobe in almost any year. Only player who was comparable to MJ is lebron and MJ still takes him. MJ still beats Lebron in stats but a bit but MJ has that heart of a champion that is unlike any other player in NBA. The guy just oozed winner.

Whichever one has Sheryl Swoopes on it

I think more like this
Magic > TMac
Timmy owns Barkley

Am I missing something about KG? Bird would take him to school.

Am I missing something about KG? Bird would take him to school.

I misspoke, I thought 88 was the year Larry fell off but I just looked and it was a monster year. I do remain firm that KG was an absolute monster in 03 though! He was a fuckin beast before Boston

MJ vs Kobe is not close. MJ whoops Kobe in almost any year. Only player who was comparable to MJ is lebron and MJ still takes him. MJ still beats Lebron in stats but a bit but MJ has that heart of a champion that is unlike any other player in NBA. The guy just oozed winner.

MJ Kobe would’ve been maybe the closest one single match up you could make in NBA history and Jordan had a slight edge based solely on his physical intangibles! He had the hands and vert but Phil called Kobe the more talented of the two and MJ admitted the only player that had a chance against him one on one is Kobe. Just sayin

Just wanted to add that tmac in 2003 was hands down his best season, he was straight up beast mode that year. 32.1ppg with 7 boards and 6 assists per game. 39% from three and 46% fg. kobe was also 30ppg and 38% from three that year. Tmac and kobe in the backcourt vs magic and jordan who combined together to hit 18 threes total that whole 88 season on 15% shooting would be huge in a series where you need to space the floor for the bigs. shaq, duncan and garnett patrolling the paint means jordan and magic better hit some jumpers which they were unable to do that year. Also jordan could only guard one of them. Good luck magic on whichever one you get assigned to.

2003 because they played real teams throughout the season, not part timers and real estate agents
Lol 2003 was smack dab in the middle of the worst era in modern NBA history

btw derps like Webber, Iverson, Starbury, Mashburn and Jermaine O'Neal actually made All-NBA teams that year lmao

Lol 2003 was smack dab in the middle of the worst era in modern NBA history

btw derps like Webber, Iverson, Starbury, Mashburn and Jermaine O'Neal actually made All-NBA teams that year lmao

Best era*

Objectively, you had the west dominated by 5 HoF PF, sick guard play, defense was at its pinnacle.

Olajuwon should not be on that team in 88

In 88 Olajuwon averaged 22.8, 12.1, 2.1, 2.1, 2.7
In 03 Shaq averaged 27.5, 11.1, 3.1, 0.6, 2.4

Olajuwon had him in boards, steals and blocks. Why is it a shock that Olajuwon would be on this First Team in 88, years before his prime, with a season like that.....

In 88 Olajuwon averaged 22.8, 12.1, 2.1, 2.1, 2.7
In 03 Shaq averaged 27.5, 11.1, 3.1, 0.6, 2.4

Olajuwon had him in boards, steals and blocks. Why is it a shock that Olajuwon would be on this First Team in 88, years before his prime, with a season like that.....

Because I would have chosen the admiral or Ewing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back