Best Alcoholic Drink with dieting

Give me a break. It seems like the forum is designed to help people accomplish their personal goals as long as they fit in with the 'ideals' of the forum.

Want to blow your diet getting sloshed? Well that's a personal choice and everyone supports you for it.

Want to smoke weed all day long? Hey, just because it's illegal doesn't make it wrong! Stick it to the man!

Want to eat carbs before bed? NO FUCKING WAY MAN WHAT ARE YOU RETARDED???

It seems like any time someone goes against the grain they get chastised which is fucking bullshit. I can have my opinion on 'what alcohol to drink while dieting' and my opinion is none. So get off your damned soapbox.

I think I speak for everyone when i say. Shut the fuck up!

To the thread starter.. if its with dinner have some wine if its out with friends go with a few light beers or a mixed drink with a diet soda.

If you are eating clean 90% of the time... what the hell are 3-4 beers going to do to you, come on.

I think I speak for everyone when i say. Shut the fuck up!

Did I hit a nerve? Sorry, that wasn't my intention.

Don't worry my man, I think it's really 'bad ass' and 'totally sweet' the way you jump on the sheep bandwagon instead of thinking for yourself.

And I love the way I get attacked for forming my own opinion. I didn't criticize the TS. I didn't say drinking alcohol was a sin and you're going to hell. All I said if you are SERIOUSLY dieting (as in cutting -- not just eating healthy) why would you want to screw it up just so you can feel like shit the next day?

But it's okay, pal, I won't ever tell you to Shut the fuck up. Because I think your opinion, no matter how mentally incapacitated, is still a valid one.

Did I hit a nerve? Sorry, that wasn't my intention.

Don't worry my man, I think it's really 'bad ass' and 'totally sweet' the way you jump on the sheep bandwagon instead of thinking for yourself.

And I love the way I get attacked for forming my own opinion. I didn't criticize the TS. I didn't say drinking alcohol was a sin and you're going to hell. All I said if you are SERIOUSLY dieting (as in cutting -- not just eating healthy) why would you want to screw it up just so you can feel like shit the next day?

But it's okay, pal, I won't ever tell you to Shut the fuck up. Because I think your opinion, no matter how mentally incapacitated, is still a valid one.

Dieting is a lifestyle not a temporary fix to eating like shit smart mouth. The only nerve you hit is the one that picks up on annoying kids who try to sound like they are above everyone because they can preach about not being a sheep and having a fucking drink one or twice a month. Hey buddy do you use toilet paper? Oh shit you're a sheep following everyone else like that!

Guess what asshole?! If I have a couple beers im not going to feel like shit the next day, im not saying to drink a 12 pack I said a few beers.

Oh and don't forget to whipe.

the obvious answer is don't drink.
that being said, when I'm at a buddy's house and I want to treat myself, I have whiskey on the rocks.
Brown liquor is not as clean as Gin and diet tonics, but at 50-80 cals it beats the hell out of drinking beer or sugary liqueur/mixed drinks.

This is almost not worth a response, but I'm awfully bored, so I figured I would give it a shot.

Dieting is a lifestyle not a temporary fix to eating like shit smart mouth.

Dieting is not a lifestyle, smart guy. It's a method of eating and drinking sparingly to reduce one's weight. Look it up. Eating healthy? That's a lifestyle.

The only nerve you hit is the one that picks up on annoying kids who try to sound like they are above everyone because they can preach about not being a sheep and having a fucking drink one or twice a month. Hey buddy do you use toilet paper? Oh shit you're a sheep following everyone else like that!

I actually print out copies of your posts to use as toilet paper. For being so full of shit, they're surprisingly absorbent.

Guess what asshole?! If I have a couple beers im not going to feel like shit the next day, im not saying to drink a 12 pack I said a few beers.

This has no relevance to anything because the TS said he wanted to drink so as not to be the designated driver which would imply more than 'a couple of beers.' Furthermore, what you are capable of drinking has absolutely no correlation to what the TS can drink due to the physiological differences of your individual bodies.

Oh and don't forget to whipe.

Wipe. Perhaps something else you need to look up.

Tonight is my bachelor party

I will probably drink:
Bosnian Water
Beer
Makers

and eat:
Pizza
Stripper ass
Something else greasy
Something in the morning to soak up the hangover

So don't feel bad with whatever you eat/drink

Once in a while, I'll have whiskey or vodka with water.. If the alcohol flavour really bugs you, stick with the vodka and put some lemon/lime juice in it.. Tonic water is just like drinking pop, not good for ya.. Club soda ain't bad.

This is almost not worth a response, but I'm awfully bored, so I figured I would give it a shot.

Dieting is not a lifestyle, smart guy. It's a method of eating and drinking sparingly to reduce one's weight. Look it up. Eating healthy? That's a lifestyle.

I actually print out copies of your posts to use as toilet paper. For being so full of shit, they're surprisingly absorbent.

This has no relevance to anything because the TS said he wanted to drink so as not to be the designated driver which would imply more than 'a couple of beers.' Furthermore, what you are capable of drinking has absolutely no correlation to what the TS can drink due to the physiological differences of your individual bodies.

Wipe. Perhaps something else you need to look up.

Ok you got me on a typo.. bravo. Unfortunately you still come off as an annoying twit and I dont see you lasting much longer in these parts. :rolleyes:

spirits with diet coke are best.

my fav is black label n coke or on the rocks when i really need it lol

most things are ok, just avoid ale/lager/cider

Lol. I think noobloser seems to think that when I decide to have a drink it is the plan to get "SLOSHED" as he mentioned on one post.

Let me add a backstory. I have lost over 50 lbs in about a year and during that year I did not drink, I am still dieting but not as crazy as I was last year. I recently decided to break the 200 lb mark, so I decided to start being strict on my diet again. During that year I was pretty much in segregation. I would wake up, go to work, train, and come home. I rarely went out.

I can go long periods of times without drinks, because truth be told I don't care for the taste of alcohol. I am more of a social drinker. Since I want to be strict on my dieting while still enjoying a drink or 2 while I am out with my friends, or some hot ass girls ;), I just want suggestions on what would be a good drink.

That's it

Here's an idea: acquire a taste for the finer alcohols. Develop your scotch palate; develop your wine palate; hell, develop your vodka palate.

Think about it. Alcohol is pretty bad for you from a nutritional standpoint--seven empty calories a gram, shuts down glycogen production, retards protein synthesis, contributes to belly fat, etc. etc. But your basic bar-type alcoholic beverage is even worse than the alcohol it contains. Why? Because the shit they put in there to mask the taste of the alcohol.

Take the ever popular rum and coke for instance. You're talking an extra 20+ grams of sugar in that beast, and for what? So you won't taste the rum. On the other hand, take your good old fashioned Churchill martini. Sure, you're getting 130+ calories. But you're not getting any sugars! That's for damn sure. You're not getting any salt, either, or any syrups, or any creams, or anything else they're gumming up the works with nowadays. You're just sipping on an unadorned liquor, looking sophisticated as hell, feeling like those damn Germans haven't got shit on you.

And let's say sophisticated isn't your thing. You could, instead, pick a drink that says you're not fucking around--like scotch. Or you could pick a drink that provides an aura of romance and sensuality--like wine. Or you could pick a drink that automatically instills in you a Russian accent--like vodka. The point is: whatever you drink, drink it neat or on the rocks. And drink the high quality alcohols, too. They'll have fewer congeners than their cheaper counterparts. (Congeners are the toxins in alcohol that fuck you up. Vodka and gin are the liquors least rife with them).

So go on down to your local liquor store and pick up a bottle to cut your teeth on. Mix whatever you get with less and less water until you can enjoy it straight. In a few weeks: presto! You can drink in such a way as to fuck your diet as gently as possible.

P.S.: If you don't want to go that route I would recommend a Bloody Mary.

Skip the mixer and drink shots. Drink water in between to stay hydrated. You still get drunk and you'll have less calorie intake. Plus water will help with any morning hangover from getting dehydrated.

Johnny walker black On ice ..all I drink.

Alot of calories in scotch,but hell it's worth the taste.Just have a few and run 'em off the next day.

Huge fan of the goose with a slice of lemon on the rocks.

Your diet is just everything you eat on daily basis. I'm assuming that you are talking about dieting in order to loose weight. In that case, if you have to drink I would drink something with the least amount of sugar possible. The refined sugar found in many of these drinks is simply unnecessary when a person is "dieting". I would eliminate alcohol altogether for this first couple months of your new diet, but if you have to drink I would follow those instructions.

You can do anything with out soda(even diet) or juice as a mixer. Shots or Water mixer. Patron on the rocks is my thing!!! Liquer in gen isn't good for diet because it does slow your motabilisim down big time. And it dehydrates you witch causes your body to hold on to water weight. When I drink even a couple, I don't feel like getting out of bed and go for a run.

Back