Best Alcoholic Drink with dieting

breakabreaka

Orange Belt
Reaction score
All,

I know that drinking while trying to lose weight pretty much hinders the whole process of losing fat, i was wondering if there one drink that might be "OK". I don't drink throughout the week and I am sure you can all agree that when you go out and you see everyone else drinking that you want one as well.

I drink Gin & Tonics. I don't know if this is ok, but if anyone knows of a good drink to have it would be appreciated.

I heard Bacardi and Diet Coke is good too. Not sure though.

Thoughts?

Keep it simple...
swap in diet tonic water for the G&T...

and try and keep from having too many of em.

Personally, I go without any cheat days and allow myself a few drinks once a week or so, doesn't hurt the diet too bad.

I can drink as much as I want and not put on any weight.

So, lots of beer, wine and vodka is optimal.

switch to gin, lime slice and club soda and you will be fine. 0 calories

how much calories are in vodka? that's all i ever drink, and i drink rarely.

Drink a couple quality vodka on the rocks. Add a lemon, lime, or both to take the bite off if the taste is too strong for you.

switch to gin, lime slice and club soda and you will be fine. 0 calories

No alcoholic drink is 0 calories... 1g of alcohol = 7 calories. On average a shot of hard liquor has 12-14g of pure alcohol.

I guess I'm a noob but if you're actually 'dieting' as opposed to just eating healthy, why would you be drinking alcohol at all?

You seriously can't go without alcohol for a couple months at most?

I guess I'm a noob but if you're actually 'dieting' as opposed to just eating healthy, why would you be drinking alcohol at all?

You seriously can't go without alcohol for a couple months at most?

Alcohol really isn't that bad. Even a lot of premier athletes get smashed from time to time. You just have to account for it and not make a habit of it. If you are getting hammered 2-3 nights a week you will have issues. If you're getting hammered once every month or two or casually drinking on the weekends (more than ~5 drinks in a night isn't really casual, IMO) it wont kill you.

Obviously the weeks leading up to a fight you shouldn't be drinking much, and if you're trying to massively cut weight you should give up alcohol for a while. You can always start slowly adding drinks in the future, once you meet your weight goals.

If you are going to drink, just fucking drink. If you were that serious about the diet, you wouldn't be. But if you are going to have a few at least drink something you will enjoy.

boozing is to be enjoyed, not a chore. dont be the dick that doesnt participate in a group drink or chooses to order the bacardi and diet coke when everyone is pounding a pint of beer

as long as youre not doing this every night, you should be fine. assuming you live an active lifestyle and eat healthy otherwise.

I honestly can go without drinking for months, it's just when you're in the atmosphere with all your friends it sucks always being the DD. I am not saying that I am going to drink at every oppurtunity, I am just asking for certain drink that won't hinder it as much.

I honestly can go without drinking for months, it's just when you're in the atmosphere with all your friends it sucks always being the DD. I am not saying that I am going to drink at every oppurtunity, I am just asking for certain drink that won't hinder it as much.

I know what you're saying. People on this site just love to make things difficult.

I'd say stay away from the beer and drink hard liquor. Stay away from sugar mixes like soda and juice. Even orange juice, although has some good vitamins, had alot of sugar. If you do choose a soda...obviously diet would be the way to go. You can save 100 calories if your mixer is diet. The club soda thing however was a pretty good idea....I'll try that one next time.

Also...on the days on know I'm going to drink, which is probably 3 -4 times a month, I tend to do alot of cardio earlier in the day. Jump on the treadmill and burn 400+ calories. Then when you're drinking it up later on you won't feel as guilty. You've got 400 calories to spare to get hammered!

I know what you're saying. People on this site just love to make things difficult.

Not making things difficult at all. If you're seriously dieting, I don't see the point of slowing your progress so you can 'get hammered.'

Sounds like you need a tall glass of willpower.

It'll slow down your ****bolism a slittle bit, but if you;re active it's not that big a deal. I'd recommend something like bacardi and diet cola, or another zero carb rum and diet root beer (pretty damn good if you ask me). I have a drink maybe once very three or four months, but thats usually what I'll have.

I just had three BBC Bourbon Barrel Stout's

I train hard...so I drink...I don't have a weightclass to make so I don't care

Just train hard and drink what you want...IN MODERATION...if you are wanting a certain alcohol just drink it...don't try to drink something else because you will still have the craving for what you want...really goes for anything (sweets, fast food, whatever)

Not making things difficult at all. If you're seriously dieting, I don't see the point of slowing your progress so you can 'get hammered.'

Sounds like you need a tall glass of willpower.

...steps on the soap box...
My understanding is that this forum is to help people accomplish their own personal goals.

Consider your response in context with the intent of the original poster (OP). Does your response fit with the question asked and the information provided? The OP already understands the negative effects and is looking to enjoy himself while minimizing the impact.

People tend to post details that unhelpful and out of line with the intent of the discussion. That is a problem. Really, who likes being disrespected just because their goals are not shared by others? When we keep our responses on point we provide encouragement and continue to build a stronger community.

I ask everyone to think about the type of contributions they make. Does anyone actually want to be the negative guy?
...steps off the soap box...

Over the radio they said that the clearer the alcohol is the less toxins are in it and that translates to a reduced hangover. I don't know if that's true but it sounds good to me.

Any diet soda or club soda mixed with a clear alcohol is a good choice. While a can of beer or 'frilly' mixed drink might not be appropriate for some events, these drinks are socially acceptable in almost any situation.

Give me a break. It seems like the forum is designed to help people accomplish their personal goals as long as they fit in with the 'ideals' of the forum.

Want to blow your diet getting sloshed? Well that's a personal choice and everyone supports you for it.

Want to smoke weed all day long? Hey, just because it's illegal doesn't make it wrong! Stick it to the man!

Want to eat carbs before bed? NO FUCKING WAY MAN WHAT ARE YOU RETARDED???

It seems like any time someone goes against the grain they get chastised which is fucking bullshit. I can have my opinion on 'what alcohol to drink while dieting' and my opinion is none. So get off your damned soapbox.

Personally I choose none for long periods of time, with occasional breaks on some weekends since I haven't fought yet, very minimal amount of alcohol I guess compared to the average user here. I do think that the discipline of cutting drinking back to little or none for periods of time greatly helps. No one's mentioned dehydration, although I suppose that's only a problem if you drink heavily and don't drink enough water and get hung over the next day. I don't plan on having any alcohol when I'm getting close to fight nights.

Going far in between drinking times, I don't feel so bad about drinking beer, I usually only drink 1-2. I tend to stick with rum or sake nowadays.

Back