• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Bernie Sanders is going to win the Dem nomination in 2020, and become President

To be honest, I never understood why they let him in the last time. He is a proud "Independent" that caucuses with the dems....not the same as being one.

I think the Dems felt like Hillary needed a scarecrow to punch down. And by the Dems I mean the DNC, which of course Hillary was / is the DNC. She was fine with having him as an opponent and as expected she crushed him. I also think that they felt that *his* followers would fall in line with *her* after he was mathematically eliminated.

What was not expected was him to hold out after he was mathematically eliminated. This only stirred up vitriol among his radical base to the point that some of his followers were promoting voting for Trump as a way to get back at Hillary.

Had Bernie accepted that the *registered Democrat voters* preferred Hillary over him and supported her early, his minions would have too. He ended up costing her the election.

I think the Dems felt like Hillary needed a scarecrow to punch down. And by the Dems I mean the DNC, which of course Hillary was / is the DNC. She was fine with having him as an opponent and as expected she crushed him. I also think that they felt that *his* followers would fall in line with *her* after he was mathematically eliminated.

What was not expected was him to hold out after he was mathematically eliminated. This only stirred up vitriol among his radical base to the point that some of his followers were promoting voting for Trump as a way to get back at Hillary.

Had Bernie accepted that the *registered Democrat voters* preferred Hillary over him and supported her early, his minions would have too. He ended up costing her the election.
I understand and agree with everything except the very last sentence. She is/was a flawed candidate. She made the mistake of ignoring too many states and paid the price for it. Also, Bernie wasn't the reason she was passing out in public.

Lol, what was that, the 2% of supporters Bernie had early on?

I actually give him credit for that.

I think it is hilarious that people openly aknowledge the parties are private clubs now.

Here I had this crazy idea the parties were supposed represent, and be made up of Americans, not cult members.

Here I had this crazy idea the parties were supposed represent, and be made up of Americans, not cult members.
That is a pretty crazy understanding of the political parties.

George Washington
"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."

FAREWELL ADDRESS | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 1796

That is a pretty crazy understanding of the political parties.

George Washington

The best part is getting one argument that Bernie and his supporters needed to fall in line, while also simultaneously having it argued that we don't belong.

The best part is getting one argument that Bernie and his supporters needed to fall in line, while also simultaneously having it argued that we don't belong.
Oh yeah, I was laughing hard when that was happening. I was yelling for you guys to vote L or G, anything but R or D.

If anyone can beat Trump in a debate it's Bernie.
He'd call him out on his lies and just laugh any time Trump said something ridiculous.

He deserves to run again the way the DNC & Donna Brazil screwed him over in the primaries with super delegates.

If anyone can beat Trump in a debate it's Bernie.
He'd call him out on his lies and just laugh any time Trump said something ridiculous.

He deserves to run again the way the DNC & Donna Brazil screwed him over in the primaries with super delegates.

Bernie was the biggest liar in the 2016 race, and that’s an amazing accomplishment.

There simply isn’t enough money to give away all the free shit he promised.

Bernie was the biggest liar in the 2016 race, and that’s an amazing accomplishment.

There simply isn’t enough money to give away all the free shit he promised.

That is an unfair characterization of Bernie Sanders. He has been asked about this and given perfect answers to the questions.

Bottom line he says this--- you go in asking for the whole loaf and bread and you settle for half a loaf of bread.

That people like you and the media don't follow up on his ideas/interviews and run hit pieces on Bernie does not make Berne a liar.

Could Bernie Sanders run — and win — in 2020?
Brenden Gallagher
2018-05-24 06:00 am

Assessing Sen. Bernie Sanders’ (I-VT) 2020 chances is complicated. While polls have dubbed him the “most popular politician in America,” he faces substantial challenges from within his own party (many of whom will be quick to tell you that Bernie is technically not a Democrat). Will the enduring enthusiasm of his message or the lingering bitterness over the 2016 election decide his fate? Could a Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign lead to a win? Only time will tell.

The tension between Sanders’ progressive mission and ill will left over from 2016 might be enough to persuade him not to run at all. The Vermont senator has been incredibly active since Trump took the White House, making appearances and authoring bills, but he has not definitively said whether or not he will run for president. Then in May, Sanders announced he is running for re-election to the U.S. Senate in 2018.

Were Sanders to win a presidential election, he would turn 80 before his term ended. However, when recently asked about the senator’s age, fitness, and ability, Sanders’ former campaign manager told Salon that Sanders “has more energy…than half the people his age,” and that he’s certain he could serve a full term.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dailydot.com/layer8/bernie-sanders-2020/

Sanders announced his running for Senate again last week. That is a 6 year term from 2018-2024. I believe this means he will run for president in 2020.

So here is a Newsweek article talking about Bernie's support slipping in New Hampshire.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/are-bernie-sanderss-2020-polling-numbers-slipping-survey-new-hampshire-voters-908766?amp=1

I found this story hilarious, because it basically says 39% of New Hampshire voters prefer Warren or Bernie, with Biden, Booker, Harris, and Gillibrand coming in with 34%.

I don't think any Bernie supporter would be salty about a Warren/Bernie ticket come 2020.

With that said, Warren didn't run last time, and isn't showing any signs she is running this time.

I hope Joe Biden runs, because it will take away the age attack on Bernie. They are the same age.

Bernie has been building a online media empire that outperforms Fox News, and CNN in viewership numbers.

He has a political organization that rivals the DNC, and RNC in Our Revolution.

No one has ever had the tools Bernie is about to have going into 2020, without having to sell out to corporate donors, and the Party's.

Bernie Sanders will be the next president of the United States. The only person I think can stop that is Warren, and her winning, is a win for team economic progressive.

Discuss..........

You have not been paying attention. Due to your having drunk the Democrat Kool-Aid you appear to have missed what the below article is talking about. There will be NO Sanders campaign on a Democrat ticket. Deal with reality for a change. I will give 3 sources since LEFTISTs have issues with information that conflicts with their small mindedness.

https://ivn.us/2018/06/21/thought-superdelegates-bad-proposed-dnc-rule-nightmare/

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-democratic-party-2020-election-new-rule-967928

You have not been paying attention. Due to your having drunk the Democrat Kool-Aid you appear to have missed what the below article is talking about. There will be NO Sanders campaign on a Democrat ticket. Deal with reality for a change. I will give 3 sources since LEFTISTs have issues with information that conflicts with their small mindedness.

https://ivn.us/2018/06/21/thought-superdelegates-bad-proposed-dnc-rule-nightmare/

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-democratic-party-2020-election-new-rule-967928

Yep, and in response the state of Vermont officially declared Bernie Sanders a Democrat whether he likes it or not.

Now what?

Yep, and in response the state of Vermont officially declared Bernie Sanders a Democrat whether he likes it or not.

Now what?

Actually read the rule changes...the DNC has the right to end any campaign they feel goes against DNC values. This means they no longer actually need to collude with the media to push the person they want. They can just end the campaign of the people they dont want representing the party...since bought and paid for Super delegates isnt enough for them to rig the primaries...

Back