Bernie Bros, and Obama Boys = proof of media conspiracy or incompetence?

Clinton's camp was using divide and conquer, identity politics to win her primary, turning Dem against Dem.

What fucking kid-gloves planet do you live on? This is how politics have worked since time immemorial. Does it blow profoundly? Yes. But if you think the GOP is going to provide you sanctuary, perhaps reflect on the fact that its candidates were taking potshots at each other's wives and dick sizes.

HendoRuaGOAT said:
I got triggered

Let's get you to a safe space, pronto.

HendoRuaGOAT said:
Now, I would like to do a shout out @sodapopinski.

As if we needed further reason to ignore your whining.

If you had even a sliver of political understanding or insight this could have been a fun discussion.

I just love it when americans discuss left/right or partisan politics, as if you have any fucking clue.

What fucking kid-gloves planet do you live on? This is how politics have worked since time immemorial. Does it blow profoundly? Yes. But if you think the GOP is going to provide you sanctuary, perhaps reflect on the fact that its candidates were taking potshots at each other's wives and dick sizes.

Let's get you to a safe space, pronto.

As if we needed further reason to ignore your whining.

LOL, keep reading guy, because as I already said, I am voting 3rd party.

It is your ilk I have problem with. You make excuses for Clinton because the talking heads in a box told you to.

She is not the lessor of two evils. She is a different, but just as dangerous evil.

If you had even a sliver of political understanding or insight this could have been a fun discussion.

I just love it when americans discuss left/right or partisan politics, as if you have any fucking clue.

If you weren't 12 feet tall, with Dumbo ears, and magical powers, this post might have been a fun discussion.

I love it when Europeans think that every bit of corporate hi-jacking, and occupation of the government, that is occurring here, isn't happening in your own backyard, as you sit up there on your soap box.

Our posts are equally legitimate.

LOL, keep reading guy, because as I already said, I am voting 3rd party.

Where in that wall of text and link-spamming did you once say you're voting third party? Your melting-down over Hilary and throwing shout-outs to Soda Popinsky would leave any rational person to believe you're pro-GOP.

HendoRuaGOAT said:
It is your ilk I have problem with.

Canadians?

HendoRuaGOAT said:
You make excuses for Clinton because the talking heads in a box told you to.

Where did I once do that in my post? I said the whole game of inter-party division is "profoundly awful," but it's the game as it stands, however unfortunately. And it happens to one degree or another in whatever third party you're voting for, too, I assure you.

HendoRuaGOAT said:
She is not the lessor of two evils. She is a different, but just as dangerous evil.

That may be true, but it's not because she tried to put Bernie in the corner.

Where in that wall of text and link-spamming did you once say you're voting third party? Your melting-down over Hilary and throwing shout-outs to Soda Popinsky would leave any rational person to believe you're pro-GOP.

Canadians?

Where did I once do that in my post? I said the whole game of inter-party division is "profoundly awful," but it's the game as it stands, however unfortunately. And it happens to one degree or another in whatever third party you're voting for, too, I assure you.

That may be true, but it's not because she tried to put Bernie in the corner.

I'm melting down by pointing out that calling Bernie supporters Bernie bros, is re-hashed propaganda?
I disagree

Perhaps you are new to the WR, despite your 06 account date, but @sodapopinski is not a GOP supporter. He is in fact an economic progressive at his core. His support of Trump is extraordinarily nuanced, and has far more to do with identity politics, then it does Clinton or Trump.

So you are Canadian, the one group of people more obsessed with the US, then Europe is huh? My bad I guess, but your country is being divided as we speak into the false left vs right paradigm. Harper or Trudeau? You guys have already wandered into Bush or Clinton territory, you just don't realize it yet.

I'm melting down by pointing out that calling Bernie supporters Bernie bros, is re-hashed propaganda?
I disagree

Perhaps you are new to the WR, despite your 06 account date, but @sodapopinski is not a GOP supporter. He is in fact an economic progressive at his core. His support of Trump is extraordinarily nuanced, and has far more to do with identity politics, then it does Clinton or Trump.

So you are Canadian, the one group of people more obsessed with the US, then Europe is huh? My bad I guess, but your country is being divided as we speak into the false left vs right paradigm. Harper or Trudeau? You guys have already wandered into Bush or Clinton territory, you just don't realize it yet.
I actually support Trump not because of some backlash against identity politics gripping the left, but because his view on trade is absolutely right. The Democrats and unions went together for decades in American politics, but the Democrats in the 90s (namely Bill Clinton) signed free trade agreements that devastated the manufacturing base in this country, thus betraying unions. In this respect, Trump is more like an older Democrat than he is a Republican (which is why the Never Trump movement hates him - he isn't signing any retarded Grover Norquist pledge nor is he making his entire campaign on some hypothetical "size" of the government just to give rich people more tax cuts and take social safety net expenditures out from under poor people, a class that is growing with every generation because we don't have the manufacturing base we once had).

I actually support Trump not because of some backlash against identity politics gripping the left, but because his view on trade is absolutely right. The Democrats and unions went together for decades in American politics, but the Democrats in the 90s (namely Bill Clinton) signed free trade agreements that devastated the manufacturing base in this country, thus betraying unions. In this respect, Trump is more like an older Democrat than he is a Republican (which is why the Never Trump movement hates him - he isn't signing any retarded Grover Norquist pledge nor is he making his entire campaign on some hypothetical "size" of the government just to give rich people more tax cuts and take social safety net expenditures out from under poor people, a class that is growing with every generation because we don't have the manufacturing base we once had).

I see, so trade, and partly that you can't embrace the left's identity politics, or their empty rhetoric from the left on the middle class......sound about right?

I'm not exactly the political junkie others are, so maybe it's weird but this is the first time I've heard the phrase.

This dnc / clinton leak has proven that liberals control 98% of the media lol.
Or the more obvious conclusion that there is nothing all that damning in the emails.

I mean shit man, the emails are publicly available.

Lol@ at Hendo getting bent about the term Bernie Bros. He's living proof that Bernie Bros exist!

I see, so trade, and partly that you can't embrace the left's identity politics, or their empty rhetoric from the left on the middle class......sound about right?
The identity politics are nothing more than a result of the middle class having its jobs eaten by an economic model that outsources jobs and exerts even more pressure on the middle class to increase debt loads to fight for the scraps left behind (unless they jump to the financial sector - I'm primarily talking about the void left behind in manufacturing). Identity politics on the left are a natural consequence of college-educated people getting out of college and realizing their job prospects are shit... because the springboard their parents used to accrue wealth, mostly built around the manufacturing sector, isn't anywhere near as powerful or relevant anymore.

The economic model that has, at best, stagnated growth for the average middle class American (I would argue it's hurt those who don't have 401Ks and/or financial investments) has had knock-on effects throughout society, and this leftist identity politics is just an attempt (a very poor one) to understand what the hell is happening.

Don't get me wrong, I loathe this progressive identity politics movement, but I also understand it wouldn't have any relevancy if these people had good job prospects.

It's not even a left/right issue anymore. The right AND the left are culpable in this "free trade" madness that has devastated our manufacturing class, though I hold the Democrats more accountable because they were staunchly pro-union for many decades but sold the blue collar workers to China under the guise of "free trade." I put free trade in quotes because while we are somewhat playing by the rules of free trade, the nations we do business with continually rip us off (like China rigging their currency). It's not "free trade" if one side is playing by the rules and the other isn't.

The best quote of this entire election season was uttered by none other than *gasp* Ben Carson:

“our political system is rotten to the core on both sides, Democrat and Republican”

DP-Ben-Carson.jpg

I'm sorry that there isn't a strong enough male word for you, but you are at jack levels of hypocrisy if you don't think a male Hilary would be called the worst words possible.
I'm of the view that "cunt" carries meaning beyond what's in "asshole". That's not hypocritical and is, I think, a defensible opinion. When you've heard women described as cunts, did you really think it was weighted the same as "asshole" or "dick" or "shithead"?

I'm of the view that "cunt" carries meaning beyond what's in "asshole". That's not hypocritical and is, I think, a defensible opinion. When you've heard women described as cunts, did you really think it was weighted the same as "asshole" or "dick" or "shithead"?

You are now fixating on one aspect of this, but a slur or swear word is just that, and the severity of it depends on the person and context. Honestly, I think you must not be around people that use words enough because yes its the same.

Lol@ at Hendo getting bent about the term Bernie Bros. He's living proof that Bernie Bros exist!

And you are living proof that Clinton Kunt's exist.

If you are going to call me a sexist, without merit, I might as well earn it.

You are now fixating on one aspect of this, but a slur or swear word is just that, and the severity of it depends on the person and context. Honestly, I think you must not be around people that use words enough because yes its the same.
Actually I'm around people that swear all the time, I'm also someone that swears all the time.
My point of view on this one aspect is actually based on my experiences with people that use these particular words. Literally the only people I hear use the word cunt are sexist fucks and british people (not mutually exclusive).

I yearn for a country where the practice of generalizing supporters with catchphrases was only a story because of how obviously detrimental the practice itself is.

Given the frequency with which she's called a "cunt", "bitch", "hag", etc. I don't think it incorrect to characterize many of her opponents as sexist.

Would you disagree that those terms came pretty exclusively from the right?

Did you ever see a 25 year old white boy with a graduate degree (his most overrepresented voter) calling her a cunt? I pretty much only saw it from 35-65 year old white men with no higher education.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back