Bernard Hopkins to fight Tavoris Cloud on March 9.

Maybe its time to agree to disagree.

Wait for Sinster to come in and overturn it and you get DUBS.:icon_chee

They all want to bring old Seano down eh?

88.gif

All you ever do is tout BS opinions designed to piss people off.

Matthysse wrecking shop at 140 and people hyping him up? Better start dismissing him based on "losses" to Judah and Alexander that everyone save for the refs scored for Matthysse.

Rios getting the gift decision of the year against Abril? Better start claiming it was a draw, then shoot your own point in the foot by whining in another thread about how people don't appreciate ring generalship.

Sergio spanks Junior for 11.5 rounds? Better claim that it was Junior's fault he lost and refuse to acknowledge Sergio's abilities.

I'll concede the Alexander fight as a BS loss, but Zab worked Matthysse over.

1) I don't get the Seano "hate". He has positions and he sticks to them. He also happens to back them up. We've had our disagreements but I've never felt he was arguing "just because". The fact that his opinions aren't popular doesn't make them wrong.

2) The changing result in the first Hopkins/Dawson bout was a disgrace and set a dangerous precedent.

The referee got the call right the first time. Hopkins was fouling Dawson (it's a foul to deliberately clinch) and in doing so got injured. The result should have therefore been a TKO. You live by the sword, you die by the sword... and Hopkins always battles on the edge of the rules.

In how many situations have athletic commissions reversed results because the referee later (and in this case a month or more later) decides he made the wrong call? Why didn't this apply to Mares vs Agbeko? Soto vs Lorenzo? Or any of the other bouts with referee controversy? Why doesn't it apply to judges? Hell, what sports does this principle actually apply to? How many matches in other sports get ruled no-contests because a referee later says he got a call wrong (and in truth he didn't)?

3) Hopkins quit. He's a smart enough guy to know that when he's asked if he can continue if he says "yeah... with one arm" the bout's going to be stopped. He was quite clearly hoping for a no-contest or a disqualification win.

Sometimes it's smart to quit. Ortiz took a lot of abuse for quitting against both Maidana and Lopez but in both cases it was probably a smart call. Garcia made a smart decision to quit against Salido; he could have continued (as he admitted) but he was miles ahead on the scorecard and there was no reason to take more punishment. Vitali made the right decision to quit against Chris Bryd... his shoulder was torn to pieces.

But in each case the boxer quit. Their corner didn't pull them out while they protested, the referee didn't stop the fight. They either quit themselves or stood by passively as their corner did it for them, agreement by action if not words.

Took the words out of my fingers on the Hopkins/Dawson fight.

And it's not that quitting is necessarily bad, as you've pointed out. But to avoid admitting that there was quitting in the first place, is very dishonest.

I think the mod here has too much time on his hands for one person. Let Seano have his point of view on something without being harassed and brow-beaten into silence by authorities.

Took the words out of my fingers on the Hopkins/Dawson fight.

And it's not that quitting is necessarily bad, as you've pointed out. But to avoid admitting that there was quitting in the first place, is very dishonest.

I think the mod here has too much time on his hands for one person. Let Seano have his point of view on something without being harassed and brow-beaten into silence by authorities.

To be fair, the mod really was just doing his job I think. Theres a tattle tale here.

I wasn't brow-beating Seano given that I was debating him about the finer points of a two round stinkeroo, but I guess one person's debate is another's harassment...

Third Party View has a B and W AV. So do you.

This stinks of racism.

Where's a .gif of Clay Davis going "SHHHEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIITT!" when you need it? :icon_lol:

XCutioner says Hopkins is done. But knowing what I know about Cloud's winging style, I can't imagine him bringing something new to the table in this fight. Hopkins getting knocked out is hard to imagine. He keeps a tight guard.

Back