Beretta PX4 9mm

I keep anticipating the recoil.

This should go away with time. Especially with a 9mm, you'll get used to it pretty fast.

If you were shooting a large caliber with heavy recoil (like those lightweight .44 mag revolvers), then it's a bit longer.

This should go away with time. Especially with a 9mm, you'll get used to it pretty fast.

If you were shooting a large caliber with heavy recoil (like those lightweight .44 mag revolvers), then it's a bit longer.

Just went to the range last night and it was getting better already. A good amount of my shots were on target when I just relaxed and let the gun do its thing.

Also I talked to someone there at the range and he recommended I change my grip. I was putting my shooting hand almost in the palm of my supporting hand. He suggested I bring my hand up more so my hands are almost wrapped around each other.

*UPDATED Post 35*

So I went to the range today with my Bayard .32(pic below) for the first time, and I guess it was what a expected for a 95 year old gun. The magazine was a bitch to eject and insert and the trigger was incredibly stiff. The worst part obviously being that I'm a tall guy with big hands and the grip is ridiculous. The slide kept nipping me too. I got the gun from my mom, who got it from her grandma. It was made for German military in 1916. It's the only handgun I own and just finally got around to shooting it.

Anyway, I haven't shot many handguns so I asked the gents at the counter for all the 9mm they had so I could pick one to shoot. I asked them their opinions and the one that they agreed on, and felt the best in my hand, was the Beretta PX4. I fired off a box of ammo. Love the grip on it, not much recoil(which is good obviously), perfect amount of weight, and good sighting on it. I'm considering getting another handgun, it'd really be my first one since my other is more of an antique. If I liked that gun what other guns would you recommend I try? I'm tempted to buy one right now but it'd probably prudent to test out a couple more just in case I find something a like a hair more.

BayardInHandM.jpg

If you like the PX4, try the FNP-9, USP-9, and Smith and Wesson M&P. The Smith has a better grip than the PX4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back