Berchelt vs Valdez Feb.20 ESPN

Just watched part 1 and 2 ' blood, sweat and tears' the TR produced promo for this on YouTube. Worth a look. Id be shocked if this isn't a barnburner of a fight.
It will be. Reynoso claims he sees something in Berchelt that Valdez can expose. I like Eddy but I dont think its gonna happen. Feeling out rounds that will lead to Berchelt touching him up and Valdez going into fire fight mode by the end of round 3. Berchelts gonna be beating him up by the mid rounds before it gets stopped around 8 or 9.

It will be. Reynoso claims he sees something in Berchelt that Valdez can expose. I like Eddy but I dont think its gonna happen. Feeling out rounds that will lead to Berchelt touching him up and Valdez going into fire fight mode by the end of round 3. Berchelts gonna be beating him up by the mid rounds before it gets stopped around 8 or 9.
I must admit ive seen more valdez than berchelt. He seems a sharper puncher and might have some success punching with him, esp inside his loopier shots. That jaw of valdez is getting tested regardless of outcome.

Nothing against Valdez but i think he's looked pretty mediocre since moving up, and unless something has changed since his last fight or Berchelt trips over his owns shoes it's gonna be a painful night for Valdez.

As a huge Berchelt fan i'm quite confident in saying Berchelt is gonna stomp Valdez, but i'm fine with it turning into an all out war.

From a betting perspective I think Valdez has all the value here at 2.5-1 or better. Berchelt might beat him down but that line is off imo.
Good call. I'll have a small wager on valdez. Not sure if to go 3.70 head to head or 7's on points.

This is going to be the FOTN. Not the biggest names, but I think it's going to be fireworks.
Blades vs BB...... that card is hot garbage.
The Showtime card has the names, but I fear that Breazealle is going to stink the joint out.

This is going to be the FOTN. Not the biggest names, but I think it's going to be fireworks.
Blades vs BB...... that card is hot garbage.
The Showtime card has the names, but I fear that Breazealle is going to stink the joint out.
Theres also the Josh Kelly card in the afternoon

I saw that card is on early Sunday AM here. Is Avanesyan any good?

Twice KO'd unbeaten big-hitting EBU champ Leragga, in the Basque fighter's home town.

He's been stopped versus the Lithuanian fella who decked Terrence Crawford, but he gave a good account of himself & was never off his feet (& some might call that premature, though the Russian was taking a pasting). He also lost a close one to Peterson (though Peterson was basically on the way down).

Avanesyan's I dunno, a solid top 25? Definitely Kelly's best win if he manages it.

Eh, Valdez has a shot. I just don’t think he wins this.

This one has « Pain » written all over it.

I've been rewatching some of Valdez's recent fights... It's hard to think he's the same boxer who came out of the Olympics. The life & death struggles with journeymen & below-elite guys, the heavy knockdowns he's suffered... Fuck, the way he was outjabbed for long stretches vs. Lopez! He's definitely regressed, IMO, or failed to live up to his early promise.

More of them I watch, the more I think this is gonna be like Fernando Montiel vs Martin Castillo (look that one up, kids), where two rivals that seem to be in the same place career-wise are actually heading in vastly different directions. If Valdez can turn the clock back to what he seemed to have as a young prospect, he might surprise me & snatch a decision.

But... Nah. Berchelt KO 4. Wouldn't miss it for the world, though.

Back